Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Travel plans....

The new plane....
My boss. President of Operations. He's an accountant, if you can believe that crap.
He's also tighter than a frog's ass in water....
:)



I'm supposed to be flying to Joplin, Missouri at this very moment but apparently Joplin is experiencing some severe thunderstorms right now, so we're waiting an hour or so. It's my first trip in our new plane so I'm kinda excited.

The MTB racing at Camp Ingawanis last weekend was great! The weather was absolutely perfect! Congrats to all the racers for surviving the demanding course that the guys set up this year! Wow! It was great! Kudos to Casey, Jeremy, The Cap'n, and all who helped put together another awesome venue!
Update:
We made it to Joplin, rented a car, and drove to Kansas. We looked at some equipment then headed into the "business district" of the thriving metropolis of Columbus, Kansas for lunch at the Lighthouse Cafe. If you've ever eaten lunch in a midwest farming community cafe, you know exactly what it looked like. Except for the lighthouse motif that was everywhere inside. And the fishermen statuary. A little out of place in Kansas but, like most small town cafes, the food was excellent and the service was, well, typical small town. Mid 20's, smart assed girls. Excellent. I told our waitress that my boss was actually my father. I had her believing that. At least she had me believing that she was believing me. (he's like 8 years older than I am....) It was good.
The new plane is very nice. Looks very much the same on the outside but much nicer on the inside. And faster. Glass cockpit. The instrumentation that I became familiar with when learning to fly (about a hundred years ago) apparently doesn't exist anymore. Computer screens on the instrument panel instead of real guages and instruments. Kinda freaky. When we bought our first jet the owner of our company called me and our pilot together and told us both, in no uncertain terms, that I was not to be allowed to fly the plane. Ever. Bad things would happen to both of us if that ever occured. Really bad, from a continuing employment perspective. I still ended up getting quite a lot of right seat time over the years and nothing bad ever happened to either of us. We went to a 2 pilot operation about a year ago, so those days are gone.... Oh well. My license is for a single engine airplane and I haven't been current in a very long time. :) It's probably for the best.

That's it for now.

Ride safe.

Peace out, yo!

12 Comments:

Blogger Guitar Ted said...

New plane? Tell us more. Props? Turbo-prop? Jet?

Will there be snack thingies and plastic cups of tepid water?

Plush spacious seating or sardine can-like arrangements?

Please! We must know! :>)

7:16 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

cessna citation II bravo. a more current version of our old plane. faster and more fuel efficient. sardine can? yes. bloody marys on the trip back? probably. about one hour to joplin from here.

8:08 AM  
Blogger B I D W E L L said...

Thanks for coming out and helping, could not have pulled this off w/o your awesome family!

Does POS need a wash boy for your Cessna? I love planes and will have it back before dark.... maybe

8:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You lucky bastard. I wish we had a corporate jet. I am stuck on commercial flights with crying babies while your living like a celebrity!
Bloody Mary's too? Man, you are a superstar! :^)

9:00 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

jeremy....
i'll ask if we need a wash boy. i can tell you that it was clean as a whistle today! whoaaaaa!!!!!

brian....
some of those screaming brats are cute though....

7:36 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Blue - you are a jet flyin' son of a gun.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Hey.......NICE!

That baby is pretty cool, too bad they won't let you take control of it, even just for a minute or two. It'd be cool to say you flew that bad boy.

Thanks for sharing, I had no idea you were a pilot. That's awesome!

10:06 PM  
Blogger Carl Buchanan said...

My VW has more elbow room than that sardine can. ;)

10:26 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

g-ted....
i'd love to fly this one. it's sweet!

chris....
after the lunch today they would have made me fly out on the wing if they could have.

jackal....
so does mine, but it won't do 400 mph.

10:30 PM  
Blogger weak and feeble said...

so you should fly east for a ride with TWAF and then we'll take you over to the coast of Maine for real lighthouses and sea food!

cool plane!

DEA

2:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Gee, I am so surprised to hear that about your boss; he looks like a real laid back, go with the flow kinda guy!
I am also surprised to hear you broke the rules about sitting in on "flight operations"; you don't seem like a rule breaker to me!! :^)

4:29 PM  
Blogger Pete Basso said...

wow man, that is bigtime. I didn't know you were that important:)

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home