Monday, April 21, 2008

Last night....


The 1x1....
Yup, under water....
The Queen of Cross in her wagon....
I decided to roll the Surly for a few miles at sunset last night just to loosen the legs a bit. It was a beautiful day here yesterday but it started to get a bit chilly about the time I was heading out. I put on a base layer and arm warmers and walked out the door. I checked my lights and took off toward Cedar Falls on the bike trail where it crosses Hackett. There were deer and raccons galore out in the woods near the trail. I wished I'd worn knickers or knee warmers..... Oh well, I warmed up pretty quickly. I got into Cedar Falls via the trail by Washington Park and immediately noticed the stench from the sewage treatment plant. It instantly left a rather nasty metallic taste in my mouth. Yukkkk.... Anyway, I headed over the dike to get a picture of the water over the bike trail where it goes under the Hwy 218 bridge. It's pretty high right now. It was starting to get dark so I turned on my red blinkie and my headlight and headed up 2nd to Main with plans to go out around Big Woods Lake. Guess what? My headlight was going dim after about 2 minutes. I turned around and headed back towards home. I could see just fine but was concerned that others in those big metal behemoths called cars wouldn't be able to see me. Took the trail all the way home. "Over the river and through the woods, in darkness we shall go...."
When I got home there was a red wagon parked in my driveway. The Queen of Cross had come visiting. In her pink pajamas. She was all smiles, being out and about in her wagon. She loves that thing. Time to get the Burley out of the garage, I guess. :)
That's it for now. It's in the mid 60s with an ESE wind at 15. The sun is shining and the forecast is for mid to upper 70s today. I'm on vacation this week so I think I'll go for a ride since rain is forecast for most of the week.....
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!



3 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

So you go "work" in Florida and then you go on vacation for a week. Sounds like a sweet gig.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry I missed your last two posts but glad to see you out riding. That Colnago really looks sweet!
Metallic taste, sewage overflow; not sure I would hit that trail any time soon after the water disappears. Might be on the Fed's superfund list and clean up this summer! :^)
Have a great week off.
P.S. I threw down the gauntlet to Bryan "Algomaha" to challenge you and the Queen of Cross to a Burley TT! I know you can take him! :^)

12:58 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

andy....
not too bad, eh? enjoy moab! take it easy on eppen!

oldman....
the funny thing is that they plan to build a bunch of high end condos about 200 yards from the sewage treatment plant. nasty.

i'll race redemske with burleys. i hope there are some downhills where i can use my weight advantage!

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home