Monday, June 30, 2008

Mmmmmmmmmmm.......

Guinness at Waxy O'Shea's....


Queen of Cross....



Irresistable....


Jackal calls her The Devil Child. She's sooooooo sweet, just like her Grandpa Paul! No way is she a Devil child :)

30 miles tonight. Out to the end of 27th then north to the Stout blacktop and west for a mile. Turn around and come back. Met Tom Hartson on the way back into town and rode with him to the University, where we went our seperate ways across campus. He made me keep the average speed and heart rate up. It was good! I had a narrow band of pain across my right knee cap after I turned around tonight. It felt like a hot iron was pressed against it. It seems fine now. I told Tom that it's my old fat body talking to me.... He didn't laugh too hard. Probably because he's just 6 months younger than I am.

Tomorrow, July 1st, is my brother Brian's birthday. Happy Birthday, Brownie! Do trees live that long, Brother?

Tomorrow is also Canada Day. Happy Canada Day to Lily, Paddy, Shona, and all of our friends in the Great White North, eh!

No more tonight.

Ride safe.

Peace out, yo!


7 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I guess it probably is cheaper than gas. That is amazing.

10:01 PM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Beer might be cheaper......for now. It's made from grain though, which stands to become much more expensive with the ethanol pressure on food supplies, and it takes diesel and gas to get it to you, so eventually......

There's no free lunch in this energy crisis.

6:58 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

chris....
ya don't wanna drink gas, buddy.

g-ted....
i think that's the first time i've actually heard that we're having an energy crisis. funny how that works, eh?

i'm glad beer isn't made from corn!

7:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Given the things G-Ted mentioned, I am amazed a six-pack doesn't cost $50! I will find alternates to driving if I have to, but there is no substitute for good beer! :^)
There is no way that cutie is the Devil's Kid. Just can't be. But then again, she doesn't live at my house, so it's easy to say that! :^)
Knee issue: check the cleats. They may have slipped on you. Or the saddle; both have bit me in the past.

10:59 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

ohhhhhhhh! brian, you're a freakin' genius!!!! it has to be the cleat. thanks!

12:28 PM  
Blogger Lily on the Road said...

Thanks for the Canada Day greetings!! I run my car on Ethanol, maybe beer WILL be next LOL....

Queen of Cross is a cutie!!!

5:29 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

lily....
i run ethanol too.

you can drink whiskey instead of beer every once in awhile... it's a little higher octane! :)

i like to tell people that little rhea looks like me but, fortunately, that isn't true! she's a sweetie! thanks!

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home