Monday, June 09, 2008

It's wet. Very wet....

Everything around here is wet. La Porte City is Flooded. New Hartford is being evacuated. I suspect that parts of Hudson are under water.

While driving in this morning I noticed that the boat ramp and parking lot at the East Lake are under about 4 feet of water. The Porta-Potty was floating. I had a little water in my basement over the weekend, as did Jackal. I went for a walk yesterday and had to take my shoes and socks off and then wade through up to a foot of water on North Hacket to get to the trail. I met a young lady who was running on the trail who said "That was a new experience. I've never had a carp beside my foot while I was running." It's supposed to be nice today but rain is in the forecast for the rest of the week through next Sunday. I hope it's nice in Branson!

Rain, rain go away....

Ride safe, if you can ride at all.

Peace out, yo!

7 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Blue - that sucks. Stay safe up there. Don't be one of those guys trying to drive their VW across the low water crossing that we get to see on YouTube.

10:15 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

chris....
i remember the low water crossings in texas and what happened when people didn't use their head. i won't be doing that. :)

10:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We seem to be in the same storm cycle. Rainy, gloomy and dangerous here too. Thank god my house is 65 feet above the river!
Stay dry in Branson.

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a FSA crankset that I'll give you if you drive across one of those low water crossings in that VW of yours!!! :) You have to let Carl video it of course!!!

12:40 PM  
Blogger Ari said...

Blue, you can always come and hide in the High Plains of Sycamore, IL
Ari

1:07 AM  
Blogger Ari said...

Blue, you can always come and hide in the High Plains of Sycamore, IL
Ari

1:07 AM  
Blogger Lily on the Road said...

Yikes Blue, that just sounds scarey...carp at your feet....wow, we have a Carp River where I live...truly!!

take great care!!

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home