Tuesday, July 01, 2008

It's all in the cleat....

Source of my knee pain yesterday....
Fat Albert. Who's the chic in the background, Buddy....
Are we gonna roll or what....?
Oldman suggested that I check my cleats as the possible source of the knee pain I experienced last night. As you can see from the top picture, the right cleat was broken on the back locking edge. I rode 32 miles with The Thin Man tonight with not even a suggestion of knee pain. It was good! Thanks, Brian!
I ran into Fat Albert, Doug, and Tony on my way down to the shop for the group ride tonight. Super Saul joined us at Pfeiffer and admitted that, yes, it is he who is the subject of the picture of recent post. He claims that he was trying to count change, not pee, in that pic. Whatever you say, Ron. It's all good! I didn't see any pop machines in that picture!
Fat Albert owes me two Guinness draughts. Yep, the camera works!
Rode with The Thin Man out to the end of 27th then south to Dike (into the wind) and then east on old Hwy 20 back to CF. It was a good ride. Thanks, Brent!
That's it for now.
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!


9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Glad I could help! That cleat looks like it was used to pound some sense into a disrespectful motorist! :^)
I'm not buying the loose change story either.

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn I'm fat. Are you sure those are cycling shoes??? You aren't suppose to walk on gravel with those carbon soles!!! Why do I owe you two Guinness??

10:37 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

oldman....
i'm usually pretty mellow but i will admit that i sometimes have a really hard time dealing with stupid!
replacing the cleat definitely did the trick. thanks.

clay bertram is working at the shop this summer and is a bike fit expert. i think i'll see what he can do for me.

fat albert....
yeah, you're fat as hell. what, a buck and a quarter soaking wet?

two guinness' cuz you bet me that my camera wouldn't work and you lost.

10:43 PM  
Blogger john said...

I think I won the contest. I won I won.
John

11:28 PM  
Blogger Craig, The Flanders Fat Cat said...

Is that my shoe? I had a cleat that looked exactly like that. You been rummagin' through my trash? If I get a credit card bill for a brand new, full on carbon fiber, blue Colnago with Campy Record and Bora wheels, I'll know where to send the cops.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Dirtram is working at the shop downtown? Dayum!Im a gonna hafta see that boy!

1:59 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

john....
you were the first to identify super as the guy n the photo, though he wasn't doing anything to an atm.... kerkove had the dirty dingy thing right.

fat cat....
ummmm, i haven't been dumpster diving in awhile but i like the sound of that colnago build. shred your credit card receipts! they should be coming out with a c60 in about 5 1/2 more years.... ;)

g-ted....
yup, dirtram is in cf for the summer and is working at that shop downtown.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Blue - is that your giant team bus in the background?

9:09 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

chris....
no, ours isn't that big or fancy. that's the bus that fat albert's groupies follow him around in....

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home