Saturday, November 15, 2008

BRRRRRRR.....







32F when I left for my ride this morning. It isn't much warmer now. I took the long route (out around East Lake and through Wyth) to Big Woods Lake this morning and did a few laps out there. Overcast skies and wind out of the north at 20 - 25 mph along with a little snow. It isn't too bad when you're sheltered but the open areas of the bike trail are BROOTAL! It is the 15th of November so it's permissable to start wearing tights tomorrow. Still knickers with knee warmers underneath, wool socks, and gators today.... :) I ended up with a touch over 22 miles today. That's enough for now, unless Jackal gets the new C-Dale built up and wants to go for a test ride. I'd go out for that.
There is someone in Michigan with a new CX bike this morning. Oh yeah! I'd almost bet that he'll be addicted after his first race. Any takers?
Jill in Alaska has published a book that anyone interested in endurance cycling in brutal conditions might want to take a look at. A small portion of the proceeds from the sale of this book will go toward supporting Jill as she does the Iditabike again this year. You can order it directly from her blog, if you are interested. Check it out! If you enjoy her blog, I'm sure you'll like the book. You can also order it here....
2 CX races in Bettendorf again next weekend put on by our friends at DICE. They've hosted 2 most excellent CX races already this year and have these two coming up before Jingle Cross. I'm going to do at least one of them, for sure. They do a great job and provide sweet courses!
I think that's about it for now. I'm going to start putting some pics up on Flickr and will link to it when I figure out how to do it. I'm no computer whiz and it may take some time!
Have a great weekend!
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!

2 Comments:

Blogger Guitar Ted said...

The good news is that it is warming up now. 40's and sunny this week. That's really good!

Took the kids out "adventuring" yesterday in that snow/cold. Man! The ground is just saturated again. Mud everywhere!

4:25 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

g-ted....
i rolled down shirey way through hartman north tonight. it's a mud bog. sweet! ran into doug e. and rode together for awhile. my toes are cold but that's about it.

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home