Thursday, October 30, 2008

End of October....
Just rolling along....
The Surly, my baby....
System six....

I hurried home from work today to ride. Holy crap, it was 71F outside! I had to ride!
I left the house and was cruising up Rainbow when Jackal pulled out of his drive on the System six. I was wondering if I'd be able to keep up on the Surly. Not to worry, I knew she wouldn't let me down.
We rolled up to Lookout Park then shot down the hill to the bike trail. Crossed at Krieg's and went through Gateway and Big Woods and then out to Black Hawk. Only about 16 miles but it was a good leg workout for me. I had to spin pretty good to keep up with Jackal but it worked out quite well. He took it easy on me :)
State CX Championships in Altoona this weekend. It's gonna be fun. The Fat Cat is racing CX out east this weekend. Woohoo!!!! Go Fat Cat! Best of luck to ya!
That's it for now.
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!



10 Comments:

Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Good luck to you mud boggers this weekend, although, I've a feeling you won't be seeing much mud!

9:10 PM  
Blogger Masini said...

Good luck this weekend! Basel is raining ice this week, so it's time to get out the boots!

2:45 AM  
Blogger Carl Buchanan said...

I even wore the "paintballs" kit because all of the locals are so fond of it. Still one of my favorites.

5:59 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

g-ted....
i know you'll be doing the cx thing soon. you know you wanna.... ;)

rory....
make sure the boots are warm! i remember it "raining ice" when we lived in deutschland. be careful, buddy!

jackal....
thanks for taking it easy on me!

6:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Looks like a good ride. Did you tie a strap to the System Six and let him pull you? :^)
Good luck this weekend!

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know Mr. Paintball...they do make razors!!! Paintballs are def. not the "in" thing!! :)

7:35 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

oldman....
i thought about having the pup pull me. ;) i wasn't sure he'd appreciate that though.

anon....
paintballs are cool and razors are expensive.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Ari said...

I just want to get out and ride. Sometimes no kit at all. I got the Surly flask ready with some Dewars. You see when the air getsa cold it makes my old teeth hurt. Dewars good for that.
Ari

12:53 AM  
Blogger Craig, The Flanders Fat Cat said...

You were right. Cross racing is a lot more fun. What makes it fun is that you don't even know what place you are in and there are alot of heckling spectators. I was enjoying myself so much that I started joy riding. In the end I wasn't even tired. I kinda felt bad about that.

10:28 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

ari....
i hear ya, buddy!

craig....
the heckling spectators and cowbells are a blast. you have to heckle right back at 'em or you're taking it too serious. i got my butt kicked again this weekend. dfl. :) (jackal claims that i can't claim dfl status if someone dnf's, but i disagree) it was good!

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home