Friday, November 07, 2008

:)
Honk, Honk....
It's not fog. It's light snow....
Very f 'n wet....
Cold, too....


It isn't cold enough for the snow (mixed with sleet) to stick but it's cold enough for the snow (mixed with sleet) that hits your face and your head through your helmet vents to feel like needles. Sweet! Even my legs, between my knickers and my socks, felt like they were being shot a million times with little sharp bullets.
I had to go down to see The Thin Man this morning so I decided to make a ride out of it and go out to Big Woods Lake for a few more tempo laps afterwards. John and Kat were at the shop when I got there so we chatted about the State CX race for a bit then Brent looked at my bike for me. It was shifting funny a week or so ago so he put a new chain and rear derailleur cable on it and, after some miles, it needed to be adjusted a bit. Thanks, Brent! Working good again.
After talking to Brent for awhile I headed out to the lake for a few more laps like yesterday. I saw two people out walking over their lunch hour, but no bikes. I wonder why that is? LOL. It started snowing about the time I got there and the wind picked up again. I think it was blowing harder than it was last night. Anyway, it was wet and cold and absolutely glorious riding! I came home and threw all of my layers into the washer and I've now stopped shivering enough that I can type. I'm sitting at my desk with a space heater going and I have on a long sleeved tee and pajama bottoms trying to warm up. Happens every year. I remember riding up to Readlyn on Thanksgiving Day with Jackal last year and stripping out of our cycling duds and standing by the woodburner in Eric's garage trying to warm up. Why do I do this to myself? Ha! Crazy, I guess. Gotta love it!
Time for some coffee and a sandwich.
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!
LATE UPDATE!!!! You gotta check out the videos and pics of a cx race that went on in West Virginia last weekend on Fat Cat's blog. CX'ers definitely know how to have fun!

9 Comments:

Blogger Guitar Ted said...

You keep doing it because it is "fun" and training for more "fun" in even colder temps coming up. You know, climatization....or something. (Takes another sip of wine) Hmm.....I dunno.

All I know is that I had the same kind of fun today on a Fargo.

8:31 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

g-ted....
i read your blog today. 4 hours on the fargo. in today's weather? windy and wet and cold like no other. you are hard, buddy. that's all i have to say about it. :)

8:46 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Blue - Honk, honk?? More like BAAABOOOM BAAABOOOM.

7:57 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

chris....
yeah, 12 ga. mag with #4 steel....
that oughta work. :)

10:38 PM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Ahh! Taint nuttin! I call those kind of days my "Belgian Weather Days." Not that I'd know, I've never been there, but that's what I call em'!

It was worse on Sunday. 25 degrees and a bit windy. I only did a couple hours out yesterday in that!

6:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Blue/Chris: In our state, we wait until the honkers are in the air before we shoot them!
We have your snow now, so thank! I got out yesterday for a bit and the bike is a mess now. Not ready for this yet!

6:36 AM  
Blogger Lily on the Road said...

Hope you had some Bailey's or Jack in your coffee. I saw a bunch of CX riders getting ready to head into the bush on Friday, though of you right away....

I'll be reading just not posting for a little while. Had a creepoid show up and don't want to say to much about my whereabouts for a little while....I'll be available by email.

gah,

10:21 AM  
Blogger Craig, The Flanders Fat Cat said...

Blue,
I am waiting breathlessly for your race report. Did you hand off the read lantern or succumb to frivolity?

Lily,
I don't know you but I'm sorry you got a lurker. I just don't get people.

11:10 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

G-ted....
seriously brother, i think you're touched.... :)
andy mentioned to me at state last weekend that team stoopid better be at boone next year. it almost sounded like a threat....

oldman....
you have a better chance of hitting them if you can get them sitting still on the water. winter is inevitable in these parts. you know that. :)

lily....
i have bailey's in the fridge and jack in the cupboard. :) creeps need an ass-whoopin'

fat cat....
dfl, buddy! like i said, i have a reputation to maintain, plus i'm slow. just plain slow! i do have fun though.

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home