Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday....


Met Jackal on his new C-Dale....
Doug E.....
Jackal and Doug....
I put the "so cars can see me" lights on the CX bike and took off for a ride about 3:30 this afternoon. It was hovering around the freezing point and a bit windy but not terrible. Yes, I wore tights today. It is after the 15th of November now, so I can do that. :) I went north on Hackett to Shirey Way then through Hartman North to the South Riverside bike trail where I met up with Doug. Shirey Way is a mud bog right now. Sweet!
Doug and I rolled into Cedar Falls then out to Big Woods for a couple of laps around the lake. We were heading back into George Wyth Park when we met Jackal at the base of Krieg's Crossing. He joined us on our trip through Wyth and then out around East Lake. It was a good ride. Jackal was riding his new CAAD 9 Cannondale CX bike. Whoa! Sweet ride! Doug was on his sweet red Fetish CX bike and I felt just a bit under-dressed for this party! It was good!
Highs in the mid to upper 30s predicted for this week. Mid 40s for Wednesday. Should be good!
I heard a rumor that Fat Albert is riding the rollers already.... What's up with that?
I hope everyone was able to get out and do something fun this weekend!
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!



16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeez, Doug looks like a Power Ranger and it's not even dark outside!!

10:54 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

super....
he rides like a power ranger, too... holy crap! hard to keep up with.

6:38 AM  
Blogger Carl Buchanan said...

Holy cow!!! My right pinky finger is glowing!!!!

7:11 AM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Maybe you have the Power, eh, Jackal?

I got a teeny-weenie night ride in. Fun stuff! I'm going to plan on that again, only longer next time.

7:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What doesn't kill ya, makes you stronger, aye? It was a cold one this weekend, no doubt.
Jackal's bike looks pretty darn fast!
Good luck next week; I am back at it too hopefully!
P.S. Thanks for the help with frame sizing and for the encouragement; CROSS ROCKS!

8:29 AM  
Blogger weak and feeble said...

No rollers until there is at least 2 feet of snow on the ground!

DEA

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not a rumor...it's a fact! It was a balmy 50 degrees where I rode too!!! NO need for skullcaps, arm/leg warmers, booties, etc.

11:53 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

jackal....
i noticed that too. you may be turning into a power ranger. you may want to check that out...

g-ted....
he positively glows. i think it has something to do with him as a pup. that's another story though. night rides are good!

oldman....
he likes the bike.
i don't know about that if it doesn't kill you it makes you stronger business.... does that count with beer?
i like your new ride and i'm glad you're addicted. i guess i'd rather be a cross addict than a crack addict.

dea....
amen! if even then. if we have that much snow i feel xc skis are more fun than rollers.

fatty....
i was going to call you a pussy but i won't cuz that wouldn't be nice. plus i know that you ride those rollers in the garage when it's 20 below and i wouldn't even go out in those temps.

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you don't have a 320 mile "fun" ride to do in May either... :)

1:39 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

anon....
you're right. i've done some crazy shit in my day but that is really crazy. i'm sure you'll do just fine, again.

1:53 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

anon....
crap! 320 miles? that's not d.k.! you doing t.i. this year?

2:41 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Blue - is it just me or is Jackal getting skinnier?

10:18 PM  
Blogger Ari said...

My order for Nokian Extremes is going in soon. Rollers make me go numb.
Ari

8:55 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

chris....
he's actually pretty darned skinny for a big guy.

ari....
the thin man has some schwalbe studs down at the shop that i've had my eye on. pretty sweet! kinda pricey but they have a lot of studs in them. i have nokian studs for the surly. oh yeah! they're good on snow and ice packed gravel!

9:00 PM  
Blogger Lily on the Road said...

BBBrrrrr, looks cold you crazy kids!

I'd love a Cannondale, maybe when I win the lottery.

You'll be happy to hear I'll be on the stationary bike all winter training for a ride from Ottawa to Kinston and back in June! Now I just have to get over my fear of traffic!!!

;^)

9:30 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

lily....
perhaps you oughta put ruby on a trainer this winter? get a little cross training in.

that cannondale is sweet and i'd bet you could get one without winning the lottery. one of these days you'll be taking up cx racing. oh yeah! you'll be hooked! just remember, you have to heckle the fans while you race! :)

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home