Friday, December 19, 2008

Beautiful day....
The mailbox....
Closer view....
Your's truly....
10" of new snow....
Yay....
Yeah, I fired up the snow blower....
Nice....
Had to get gas for the snowblower after I was done, so I got coffee too....




Got up about 5:30 so I could clean the drive to let Judy out to go to work. Lots of new snow. Plus, the plow had gone by so there was about 3 feet of it at the end of the drive. I started the snowblower. Well, I broke the starter rope on the second pull so I plugged it in and pushed the "start" button. Vroooooom! When all was said and done I think I had shoveled as much as I had moved with the snowblower. I hurt all over now!
I used up all the gas that I had in the garage so I rolled up to Casey's when I was done so I'd have gas if I need it in the future. Hot coffee and a sweet roll for breakfast. Yummmm! Good stuff.
Jackal had commented that I should spend my last day of vacation this week blowing out his drive. I went by there on my way to get gas to see if I could even get near his place and saw that he's already shoveled it out. Good job, Buddy!
I wonder how the gravel roads are? I'm sure they'll have the maintainers out there getting them cleared soon.
None of the smaller side streets had been plowed when I went up to Casey's but the main roads were pretty clean. "Normal" winter driving conditions, I guess. Plus the idiots driving around while talking on their cell phones. Hang it up and concentrate on your driving, idiots! Sounds like a topic for a future rant. I truly believe that if you took people's cell phones away they'd die. What did we do before cell phones? I can't imagine how we survived! Also, the NTSB estimates that there were as many traffic fatalities in 2006 caused by cell phones as by drunk drivers. I wonder why we allow it? Just plain stoopid, if you ask me....
I think I'm going to do a post one of these days of all of the pictures that I have of Kerkove picking his nose. Just a thought.
Highs in the mid 20's today, upper teens tomorrow, then back into the deep freeze starting again on Sunday. Why did most of my family move to Arizona and Alabama? Got me. LOL.
If they get the side streets plowed soon I may head up to Hartman North for some xc skiing. That'll be fun!
Have a great day, boys and girls. Stay warm.
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!

10 Comments:

Blogger Carl Buchanan said...

SHOVELED my driveway is right....almost two hours worth.

12:16 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

jackal....
you be da man, buddy!

12:18 PM  
Blogger Craig, The Flanders Fat Cat said...

Looks and sounds like one of the rare occasions that biking is out. Have fun skiing.

Did you see that fight at nationals and did you see my friend Gunnar Shogren or his wife Betsy?

12:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Once again, we are living the same dream! I don't think we have as much snow, but we're close.
Hope you (and I) can get out and ski.
Stay warm!

3:40 PM  
Blogger Jeff Yielding said...

I sure don't miss those days :)
Stay warm!

6:55 PM  
Blogger Davis said...

I love Arizona!

11:07 PM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Hey! I've got it. If they make DWI offenders get the spcial "blow" key to start their rigs, they ought to get these cell phone using, accident causing freaks something that shuts their car down if their cell phone is on. Sounds like a plan to me!

Hoping the blizzard doesn't come, or we'll be back out shoveling mounds of snow again.

Snowing like mad as I type this...

Have a great weekend Blue!

1:33 PM  
Blogger weak and feeble said...

It's now out our way! looking like a good storm!

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We just got pumelled today...I haven't even opened the front door...I'll deal with it tomorrow.

I may have to invest in a snow blower...now I just need the man servant to operate it! LOL....

Take care!

Lily

5:39 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

craig....
i didn't make it to kc for nats. it was kinda ironic that 5 minutes after you posted jackal came in and asked if i'd heard about the fight at nats. what's up with that? sheesh!

oldman....
more like a nightmare, buddy. it is brootaly cold today so skiing is definitely out of the question. we ventured out for lunch today and it instantly made your face hurt. gotta love it!

jy....
i'll bet you don't! st. louis area must be fairly nice year round...

coila....
do you now? hmmmm.... i know, i know, it's a dry heat :)

g-ted....
your cell phone idea might work! judy has some pretty good stories about cell phone use by people in the drive-thru at the credit union. just rude.
is it cold enough for you?

weak and feeble....
it's a bear! good luck with it out your way. don't do anything silly.

lily....
if you ask santy claus for a snowblower, ask for the man servant to go with it! ;) be careful, young lady!

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home