Thursday, December 18, 2008

Happy Birthday....

To my baby sister, Susi. Or Skeezix, as she's known around here. She actually lives in Scottsdale, Arizona. I hear they got some serious rain the other day. Flagstaff got snow. Lots of snow. Susi has somehow gotten much older than I am. Hmmmmm......

Speaking of snow.... The weatherman is calling for 8-12 inches of it tonight. Our friends in southern Iowa can expect 3/4 inch of ice. Nasty. Anyway, I dug the snowblower out, just in case. It started on the third pull, which impressed the hell out of me. I didn't start it at all last year. I'll probably just shovel anyway, assuming it's light weight snow. If it's heavy snow I'll surely have to shovel cuz the ole snowblower won't blow it. Sweet, eh?

Went out to Farm and Fleet tonight looking for some bicycle hooks to hang wheels and bikes up in the basement so I might be able to move around down here. I expected them to be about a buck apiece. Whoa! 59 cents! Yeah, I bought a bunch of them!

Fat Albert just emailed me and accused me of doing some kind of snow dance to bring on whatever is coming tonight. He figures he'll be able to drive by and watch me shovel snow in my jammies or something. I guess it's his idea of fun. Strange. How's the Guinness, Buddy?

I spent a couple of hours tearing the CX bike down today and cleaning it up. It certainly needed it. Looks like new now. It's a good thing that we have a shower in the basement because I know that Judy would not have appreciated it at all if I'd put it in the shower upstairs to get the mud from Jingle Cross off of it. That would have been ugly.

Anyway, time to go.

Ride safe.

Peace out, yo!

4 Comments:

Blogger Carl Buchanan said...

Since you have tomorrow off of work......if it snows like they say it may......feel free to clean out my driveway. :)

7:59 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

jackal....
i probably won't be able to get out of my own driveway, buddy!

8:03 PM  
Blogger Carl Buchanan said...

You'll have all day to work at it. Persistence is the key to success.

9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey as we both have the day off tomorrow, maybe we can throw a Guinness party!

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home