Sunday, January 25, 2009

Finally....

The Queen of Cross working on her drink straw....
Christmas presents from The Queen....

Jackal and I rolled his VW down to The Thin Man's shop yesterday so that I could FINALLY cash in the gift card that Rhea gave me for Christmas and he could get a box. Chris was in charge yesterday and we took care of business and talked for a few minutes then headed over to the other side of Main Street to look at trains. Jackal needed a new issue of a model railroad magazine and Carol had ordered him a new boxcar, which had arrived. It was cold out there!!!!!!! I hear G-Ted went xc skiing in the sub zero temps and made it back alive. Too cold for this old fart!
I mounted the seatpost and saddle as well as the handlebars, stem, and shifters to the "bling" bike yesterday. Like I told Oldman up in Michigan.... I gotta take this one slow and easy because I think it's the only "new" bike I'll bring home in '09. Judy will do me great bodily harm if I even have thoughts of another. Heck, I could probably bring home a bike I got totally free of charge and I would die at her hands. LOL. Ahhh well. You can never have too many bikes.
Anyway, I've been chatting with my little sister in Arizona via the internet and it's been fun. Email is amazing!
Time for lunch.
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!


5 Comments:

Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Tell Jackal he needs to increase the allowance for The Queen of Cross. Man! Only one sock? At least she gave you her all! ;-)

Hey, thanks for the concern over my foray out in the woods. I just couldn't stand to sit home all day though, ya know?

This is gettin' mighty old. Anybody else got "cabin fever" out there?

1:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I know how it goes. Damn lucky to get the CX bike this year and I am still waiting to sell some stuff on eBay to "pay it off"! I think 4 bikes is going to be the limit.
Nice of the Queen to be looking out for your "backside"! Stay warm.

5:09 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

g-ted....
i'm ready for this cold weather to cease and desist! enough, already!!! i'll let jackal know he need to increase her allowance. geez! this IS the 21st century, after all!

oldman....
the queen is always looking out for "papa". :)

6:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering where my other sock went!!!

2:47 PM  
Blogger bryan said...

I have those socks. They're nice.

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home