Saturday, February 28, 2009

Thanks, Buddy....









Thanks for having my back last night, Jackal.... You did good!

If you could have seen the look on your face as your Mom tried to bring you into the "discussion"....
I am still laughing when I think about it. A look of total ignorance of the subject, a look of innocence while you were trying to get out of the kitchen and into the basement. You were obviously listening good since you were able to repeat "...since October". That was priceless. You may have saved my life with that comment!

You really should consider acting. You'd probably be good at it. I thought I had the situation pretty much under control until you guys walked in the back door. That's when it escalated again. Probably for your benefit. You know, to drag you into it and have you gang up on me. (I have to stop typing for a second so that I can wipe the tears from my eyes....) I'm sure she thought you'd side with her.... ;) (nah, not really. she wouldn't expect that..)

I don't know if you noticed it or not but her eyes were shining. They get that way when she's having fun. She thought she had me over a barrel and she was enjoying it. She was going to make me squirm as long as she could. She was enjoying herself. (has to be a woman thing ;) lol...) You should have seen the look on her face when she was counting them in the basement. OMG!!!! That was good stuff. I'm not going to tell her, but she missed one. The Schwinn Voyageur.... She didn't see the black C-Dale, either. Priceless.

I'm not sure how long I could have defended myself on my own. It was good that you walked in when you did. You may have saved me from Lord knows how much abuse!

Anyway, thanks....

Ride safe,

Peace out, yo!

8 Comments:

Blogger Captain Bob said...

Sounds like you need a new storage place. Don't forget that I have extra room here for your bikes Blue.

5:22 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

thanks cap'n....
i'm planning to be really careful about bringing anything new home for awhile. i'm afraid that she's losing her wonderful sense of humor rather quickly.

7:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhhhh,

a case of the "boys and their toys"????

LOL....good on you Judy!! LMAO,

okay, totally from a woman's perspective of course....

;^)

Lily

7:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Man, I have so been there! I wish I had a Jackal to watch my back. My son sells me out all the time! "Hey, Dad; those are cool new Eggbeater pedals. When did you get those, hmmmm?"
Nothing I enjoy more than a healthy discussion of why I need so many bikes. Seems pretty obvious to me!
That new CX bike is awesome. Can't wait to take a ride with you pulling me around the gravel roads on that monster! Hope we get the chance in 2009.
One favor. Please do NOT, under any circumstances, post a link to a naked Steven Tyler videso EVER again!

9:41 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

lily....
of course! lol. i hope you're enjoying your "time off"!

oldman....
we'll ride in '09 for sure.
i wondered if anyone would find that link. i can't believe you didn't like it! lol.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Okay, I'm laughing and I don't even really know the circumstances. That's a great post!

The "since October" line.......I thought I was gonna loose it right there, dude!

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometime I'd like to hear the rest of the story.............
Missed seeing you at the FrostBuster roller race.
The latest Colnago looks great! Which one will be your spare pit bike?
Maybe we'll see you at a gravel road race.
Landon

7:28 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Blue - how about giving me some of that old stuff you don't ride anymore!

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home