Sunday, February 15, 2009

Coming soon....




The Belgian Superprestige series for 2008/2009 is now over. Sven Nys won today's race, as well as the series championship. As always, it was great racing brought to us live on Belgian Channel 4.
Bart Wellens took the hole shot from the start and built what appeared to be a substantial lead for 2 or 3 laps but the field was just too strong today for him to stay away. Nys rode the first couple of laps in a small group of 5 or so and on lap 3 started moving up with Albert (not to be confused with Fat Albert). They caught Wellens and dropped him. In the end it was Nys and Albert with a nearly 20 second gap over 3rd place finisher Erwin Vervecken. Wellens finished 6th. A hard fought battle to the end with Neils Albert and Sven Nys sharing the work up until the last quarter of the last lap. It looked like there would be a sprint finish until Nys passed and dropped Albert at the 180 degree turn near the exit to the pit area. Albert was obviously spent and Nys rode in alone for the victory. Definitely good stuff!
The gold Colnago is finished, save the installation of the Cateye Micro Wireless computer. I put the clear plastic chainstay protector on yesterday to finish the last bits and pieces of the build. It turned out to be a pretty nice bike and it was fun to collect all the parts and build it up myself. Thanks to The Thin Man and Jackal for their help and advice along the way.
I hope that Rory is enjoying himself with Team Liquigas in California! Best of luck to you and the team!
Enjoy your Sunday.
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!

5 Comments:

Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Hey, I almost have my rig done too. A chainguard is on the way, and then that's that!

Hope yours rides well and you have a great time on it. I think I'll like mine a whole bunch!

9:57 PM  
Blogger Lily on the Road said...

Ruby is on my new "old" biketrainer! Wooo Hooo...I have to install my Cateye too, then I'll be peddling my ass getting ready for the 200K in June.

6:43 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

g-ted....
i wanna see it, buddy! it's gonna be sweet!

lily....
just thinking about a 200k ride makes my butt hurt! lol. good luck to ya! happy training!

9:13 AM  
Blogger Craig, The Flanders Fat Cat said...

Nice race report.

9:13 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

thanks craig. it was a great race. i want to go to belguim during cx season. yes!

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home