Sunday, February 08, 2009

Hoogstraten....
Top 10 in today's race....
Next 10....
Muddville....
Superprestige 08/09 overall standings....

Isn't the internet great? I've been watching the Superprestige series live from Belgium this year on Belgian channel 4. Great racing, always. Wish I spoke Flemish.... Zdenek Stybar, who is from the Czech Republic, must not speak Flemish either because his interviews are always in English. He finished 4th today.... One more race to go this year. Next Sunday. Good stuff! I want to go to Belgium!!!!!
I've almost completed the build on the gold CX bike. It's set up with 1 X 10 gearing like the blue bike. All that's left is to install the shift cable and chain and to make the final adjustments.
I have to admit that I wasn't too thrilled with the gold color but it does grow on you. It doesn't seem so bad after looking at it for a month or so. You don't have a lot of choice in colors anyway, especially when you're buying used. I have never seen a used 54cm frameset in blue for sale. Only a few in gold. The '09 frameset is available in black, but heck, I wasn't looking for an '09.
This bike has a 38T front chainring on a standard 130BCD FSA Gossamer crankset. The blue bike has a 36T chainring on a compact 110BCD FSA Gossamer crankset. Both are Mega-Exo cranks. The cranks are the only real difference between the two machines. Pretty sweet. I'll post pics when I'm finished with it.
That's it for now.
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!

8 Comments:

Blogger Lily on the Road said...

Can hardly wait to see the re-build, and the gold frame looked good to me!

Springsteen's gig was pre-recorded, that bites, but it was still awesome!

12:43 PM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Looking for a ring guard for my CX build and then I should have all the pieces. 38T ring on mine too, but I've got 8 or 9 less than yours out back

5:15 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

lily....
it's almost done! one more hour is all it will take. perhaps this evening.... we'll see. springsteen rocks. politics aside, he's the bomb!

g-ted....
i got both of mine here....

http://cyclocrossworld.stores.yahoo.net/spookalchain.html

i'm sure you have access to qbp. salsa makes a pretty nice one too.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I don't see any Americans in the top 20. Were they all hung over?

9:25 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

chris....
hmmmmm.... good question. you know how that belgian beer is. kicks you in the nutz.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Come on, get that bike done will ya?
I can't wait to see that gold metal flake sissy bar and streamers!
Did you pick up a pair of those Sidi Bettini gold shoes to wear when you ride it? :^)
Belgium cross is fun to watch in any language.

10:23 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

oldman....
i'll find some streamers and a siisy bar. i wear northwave shoes though. wide forefoot. sidi's don't work for me.

belgian cross is great to watch, even if you don't understand the commentators. imagine how much fun it would be to attend a race in belguim. can you say "frittes and beer"? i'd be in heaven in all my drunken glory!

12:43 PM  
Blogger Opa and Ga said...

Love the Colnago.

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home