Thursday, March 05, 2009

St. Cloud....

The 494 in Minneapolis....
They still have snow laying around....
Grocery-go-getter....
Judy and I drove up to St. Cloud Wednesday night so that we could attend the funeral of the wife of one of my friends and co-workers from our facility in The Great White North this afternoon. Brain tumor that had been in remission for 7 years. Fortunately, she went without pain and was not afraid. She was only 36. Sad. She left behind a husband and 3 kids.
It was good to see all of my old friends up there, considering the circumstances.
We left St. Cloud this afternoon knowing we'd hit The Cities at rush hour. It wasn't terrible, just 30 minutes to go the last 4 miles on the 494 before hitting 35W southbound. The commuters up there deal with that everyday. Big city life wouldn't be for me. I know that cities are "alive" and "vibrant", but I like the relative peace and quiet of where we live now. I enjoy visiting from time to time, but.... Not my cup of tea.
Foggy from just south of The Cities all the way to Waverly. That's a long haul. About 200 miles. Judy was a good passenger tonight. Thanks, Sweetie!
That's it for tonight.
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!



5 Comments:

Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Glad you had a safe trip. 200 miles of fog makes for some tense driving. Yake care and have a great weekend Buddy!

7:09 AM  
Blogger B I D W E L L said...

Good on you for making the trip, I can't imagine losing my wife, nor do I want to.

7:30 AM  
Blogger Captain Bob said...

I'm with Bidwell, that would be some tought times. Glad you made it there for them. Glad you made it home too.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I third your commitment. Nice of you to make the trip.
I lost a good high school friend to a brain aneurysm this week and just attended the funeral today. Not many folks from the class showed up but those that did really helped the family through a tough time.
On a lighter note, I hope the comments here about the big city don't mean you won't come up to visit me when I move to Minnetonka! :^)
I got a gravel grind in today on the CX bike and it felt so good to be out there. Hope you get some bike time this weekend too!

8:24 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

g-ted....
judy was quiet most of the way home. that took some of the tension out of the driving! lol.

jeremy, cap'n....
thanks guys. i can't imagine what he's having to deal with and i don't want to have to deal with it myself.

oldman....
sorry to hear about your friend. that's too young. it sucks!

i'd visit minnetonka, which still requires using the 494, but not during rush hour. i spent 2 1/2 hours one time on the 494 going from plymouth to the 35w. it sucked. fortunately the road construction on the 494 is finally complete.

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home