Monday, October 12, 2009

Vande Cross....


Fatty buzzed....
The fast guys....
Fatty buzzed....
The Queen of Cross....
Fatty buzzed....
Look at all the red....
Masters....
More....
Jackal....
Tough course....
Kat....
Steve....
Fast guys passing....
Steve....
John....
Richard and Scott....
Paul M. and Kat....
Landon....
Scott....
Richard....
Yes, I'm taking this serious.... (There's beer involved)
Sunday in the Quad Cities.... Moline, to be exact. Stephens Park. One of the best courses of the year. These guys put on a good race that is a blast to attend. Bruce Grell and the folks from DICE really treat you like you belong.... Great bunch of people with an obvious love of the sport!
It was a blast. Fatty challenged me via text message with an offer of beer if I put forth an effort this week. Damn! Guinness was being offered.... I rode with a bit more intensity than usual and only stopped a couple of times to chat. I had to talk to Karmen and of course I had to stop to talk to my sweetie, The Queen of Cross. She was doing handups for me. She was surprised last week in Pella when I stopped to take the bottle. "Daddy doesn't stop...." Ahhhh well. This week she seemed surprised when I took it on the fly. Gotta keep her on her toes, ya know! The Masters field totalled 21 riders, 10 in the 30+ and 40+ group and 11 in the 50+ and 60+ group. Me, I finished. Good showing, too. DFL!!!!! I think there were 10 riders from Bike Tech in attendance yesterday. Lot's of red out on course.
The 1/2/3 group raced at the same time as the Masters and I had a front row seat to watch the really, really fast guys. Wow! Brian Eppen put on a clinic, as usual. Nate, Jackal, and Kevin were tearing it up. It was good. Jackal had a 3rd place finish. Like Mark Guthart said "Podium, Podium, WOOHOO!" Steve Bullerman won the Masters 30+ class and John and Landon tore it up in the 50+ and 60+ categories. I'm sure I missed something or someone.... OOPS!
Thanks to Fatty, Moo, Chris, Queenie, and all of the Bike Tech crew for the heckling, er, I mean support out there. That's what makes it so much fun!
Thanks to Brittany, Robin, and Wanda for heckling me by the sand pile. Yes, Brittany, I was smiling!
Thanks to Bruce Grell and the DICE club and all of their volunteers for putting this show on the road. Can't forget Scott the referee. It was good!
Thanks to Judy for all the pics. Ya done good, Sweetie!
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!

6 Comments:

Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Fatty BUZZED! Ha ha!

Great job gettin out there on a chilly day, Blue. Good on ya for toeing the line and gettin to the finish.

Ride On!

7:22 AM  
Blogger john said...

Nice pictures and report.
You know - Fatty/Anonymous/Jeremy/Buzz gave me a hand - it's a wonder that I didn't get DQ.
Get turnout from the team - that's a lot of red.
John

8:33 AM  
Blogger Lily on the Road said...

Great Photo's Judy!!!

Glad to hear the Queen of Cross keeps you in line Blue!!

9:05 AM  
Blogger Craig, The Flanders Fat Cat said...

Queen of cross! They grow up so fast.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like a good day in and out of the saddle. And the Queen doing handups? Your a lucky fella!
Finishing is nothing to sneeze at. Some folks don't!
Congrats to Jackal on third. I wonder what third place is like . . . . .

10:07 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Great pictures....oh little Miss....what a beauty. Carl and Amy are gonna have their hands full in about 15 years~ (or 20h...30.....whenever they 'allow' her to date!

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home