Saturday, November 26, 2005

Saturday the 26th...

Thanksgiving was spent at our house this year with Jackal and Moo (A.K.A. The Cheese Queen) and young Mr. Adam. The food was good, the company was great, and I didn't grossly overeat. What more could you ask for? I think it was the first time Adam had eaten in about a month. Spent much of the afternoon and evening watching the Bond Marathon on the tube and discussing next season with Jackal. (What bike will he ride? Well..... I'm certain he'll be making an announcement soon.) It's all good!

I received a phone call yesterday morning asking if I'd look after Jacob and Kyle for a few hours... I'm sooooooo brave! I said "sure, why not?" Fortunately, Jackal arrived shortly after the phone call and stuck with me to the end! Those two boys have seemingly boundless energy and very, very selective hearing. Jackal did seem to have the ability to get their attention whenever he needed to though. After each of them had 2 pop-tarts and a Rice Krispy Treat they behaved fairly well. Kyle was shooting a dart from a "crossbow" at the television and the glass in the entertainment center until Jackal put an end to it.... Then Jacob started.

All of this reminded me of a time when Jackal was just a pup and we were living in Durlangen, Germany. He had one of those little dart pistols and went around shooting it at every smooth surface in our apartment, sticking those little darts to everything. I had what I considered at the time to be a brilliant idea..... If I could get Jackal to stand still I could stick those little darts to his forehead..... I asked him to stand by the picture window in the living room and let me shoot the darts at him like the guy on TV did with the throwing knives and the pretty girl..... Well, that pup had icewater in his veins even then. He stood really still and grinned at me while I shot him in the head with a dart gun. Didn't even flinch when those darts stuck to his forehead! I just said "oops, I missed" and "let me try again". He was one bad little dude!
**tears in my eyes just thinking about it**

Went riding The Yellow Bike this morning. It was pretty cold when I left at 11 but warm by the time I got back at 2. I saw a few people out on the paved trails but not a soul on the dirt. It's all good! Ron and the Missus were heading out for a ride as I was coming by their place on my way back home. Hope they had fun! It was a great day for it.

That's all for now. Oh! G.T..... Apparently Jackal has some sort of deal with his mother regarding the lederhosen picture.... She won't dig it out and scan it for me and I have no idea where it is. It'll be my next mission! Find the pic!

Perhaps I'll start doing regular installments of "Jackal as a pup".

Peace out, yo!

2 Comments:

Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Jackal as a Pup! I like it, I like it! This could be a regular feature on your blog. I'm sure, from the little I know of him, that there must be a truckload of funny anecdotes about Carlos. Let 'er rip

9:30 AM  
Blogger Carl Buchanan said...

oooooh boy

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home