Saturday, November 25, 2006

As luck would have it....

I had another puncture tonight. (Is that 3, Paddy, or 4 this year?) Geez! I rode south to Hudson on the Colnago and punctured about a mile or so north of town while I was on my way back to Waterloo. Front tire. Psssshhhhhh...... The front felt funny and when I looked down it was nearly flat. Crap! It was dark outside and I changed it by the light of my Cateye Doubleshot. The new tube that I had with me had a short stem and my wheels are Shimano Aeros.... CRAP!!! CRAP!!! The valve stuck out about 1/4" and my Blackburn pump wouldn't go over it far enough to get any pressure in it. Thankfully I had a CO2 inflator in my seat bag and it fit onto the stem just fine. I squeezed the trigger and voila'..... The tire was hard as a rock! That's the first time I'd ever used one of those things! Woohoo! All the air went into the tube!!!!

The remainder of the ride home was totally uneventful, for which I'm glad, because my cell phone battery was nearly dead and I didn't have another tube with me. I would not have enjoyed an 8 mile walk in cycling shoes!

So, now I'll charge up my cell phone and put yet another new tube in my front tire so that I'll be able to get a pump head on it. All will be right again with the world. :)

Ride safe!

Peace out, yo!

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Everyone gets burned on the valve stem thing once when they have aero wheels. Luckily your inflator did the job. I would have probably stashed my bike in the woods and hitchiked home. haha.

8:12 PM  
Blogger All3Sports said...

I saw you, I saw you!!!! I pointed and said "there's blue!"

Katie, said I was a retard?!?
I said "Whatever, that was blue"

9:20 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

who's a retard? you? no way!!!!! tell her it ain't so!

peace out, yo!

9:24 PM  
Blogger shOna said...

go rum syrallas belly for luck!!! (it works to please the tube gods)

9:36 AM  
Blogger shOna said...

sorry not rum, rub... late night last nigh...

9:37 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

i'll try that next time, shona...

peace out, yo!

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home