Sunday, December 03, 2006

It is December, after all....


16 degrees when I started, 12 when I got back home....
The Cedar is pretty much frozen....
So is the water bottle :(
Icicles....
Went up to the shop at noon today and ordered the new Cannondale from Kerkove. It'll be 3 or 4 weeks until it gets here and I'm sure I'll lose a wee little bit of sleep while waiting. Just like a kid at Christmas! He also sold me a pair of winter socks and a pair of insulated wind tights, which I wore on my ride this afternoon. Good choice, Jeff. Thanks!
We had lunch at Toad's with Buchanandale and Moo and baby Rhea. Never heard a peep out of her as she slept the entire time. We watched Deerslayer roll by on his 29er on his way out to meet John for some singletracking in George Wyth.
After lunch we stopped back up at Europa Cycle & Ski and saw Kerkove, Super Saul, and Joel Ross Mills then headed home to go riding. I headed out on the Trolley Car Trail then up by Cattle Congress and across the river where I took the dike to the East Lake Trail and up throuh GW. It was 16 F when I got back to Cedar Falls where I headed out across the bridge and through Island Park to do the Black Hawk Park loop. Came back through Big Woods Lake Park to Gateway Park. It was 12 F when I came back by the sign at the Chamber of Commerce building. Headed over to Pfeiffer Park then east on the South Riverside Trail to Hackett then all the way up the hill to Parrish and back down Rainbow to the house. 25 1/2 miles in just a touch over 2 hours. Not bad for the Surly!!!! My feet were just starting to get cold in my Pearl booties with the new socks. I wonder how it would work if I put my Gators on under my booties? I should try that sometime. It might keep the toes a little warmer.....
That's it for now.
Ride safe!
Peace out, yo!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Kerkove said...

Hard core mother f'er!!!!!

7:06 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Gotta love it to be out in 12 degrees. You da man.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Ari said...

Cold here in Chicago. We were doing well till last thursday. Anyway, saving money for some Lake winter boots. Anybody out there with coments on the Lakes.
watch out for frostbite. One year my pal Pete got frostbite on his ears and they swoll up to the size of Pork Chops,
Ari
from Chicago

11:52 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

i had serious 2nd degree frostbite on both feet back in my army days and sometimes it gives me a little problem. not bad, just enough to bring back memories. i have these huge honkin' ears so i do my best to keep them covered!


peace out, yo!

9:08 AM  
Blogger B I D W E L L said...

You da man! Anything outta the woods was just plain crazy. I have been using those air activated toe and insole warmers. I think I am hooked- hopefully they don't create health problems.

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home