Tuesday, March 13, 2007

NICE!!!!


Yes, 71 F on the 13th of March....
The pretty pink legs and the Northwave shoes....
I had planned to be out of the plant at 4:30 and heading for the bike. "The best laid plans" don't always work out the way you'd hoped.... I was out by 5:30 and on the bike at 6 for a short but sweet ride in this beautiful weather! I met Mr. Saul on Grand at Park.... He was finishing his ride as I was starting mine. I knew I didn't have a lot of time tonight so I kept mostly to the trails with a little bit of road riding on Cottage Row Road and of course Grand and Rainbow. There is still quite a bit of ice and slush on the paved trails in the shaded areas but it was still good! Woohoo! MORE of this weather, please. Ah well, I'm afraid that it isn't going to happen that way. 50 for a high tomorrow and back into the upper 30s and lower 40s for the next few days after that. I suspect that I'll still be riding anyway. It'll be tights or knickers and long sleeves, but that's alright. It was good to get out in shorts today. :)
Thinking of G-Ted riding his bike down in Texas this week. Hope you're having fun! The "other" blue Colnago is still hanging in your stand at the shop, waiting for your return.
That's it.
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!


8 Comments:

Blogger weak and feeble said...

Naked Legs! Oh we're getting so close here in the east but you've beaten us to the elusive first day of naked legs.

later-

DEA

10:39 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Blue, I didn't think you had skin on your legs. Just lycra. Glad you are getting some nice weather finally.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Ari said...

It's amazing to see how happy bikes make us. Glad to see you are enjoying your new cross bike. More 70's would be cool.
ari
from chicago

10:52 PM  
Blogger bryan said...

I was out in Omaha yesterday with a jersey, shorts and arm-warmers. And that's it. I could have ridden all day.

12:04 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

it was awesome being out in shorts and short sleeves! of course it's 27f this morning.... :(

peace out, yo!

6:43 AM  
Blogger bryan said...

It's looking like I'll be in bib tights and heavy wool socks in the morning. Or in a few hours.

1:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a while back you posted about sidecar racing with jackal and i thought of you when i saw this photo of the repack downhill back in the 80's

http://www.mountainbikeroots.com/images/RPK_02.jpg

5:00 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

sweet sidecar pic! thanks!

bryan....heavy wool socks and tights beats the couch! hope you had fun! :)

oh yeah guys, i do have skin under the lycra. it definitely could use some sun!

peace out, yo!

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home