Sunday, March 11, 2007

What a day!!!!


" Where's lunch?"
"This is MY mom!"

Light lunch....

"I love you G'pa...."

Super Saul and Jackal.
Jackal is doing his own personal gravel grinder....

Fields flooded along Black Hawk Creek
near Hudson....

Jackal bridging the gap....
We went to lunch with Jackal and Moo and Baby Rhea at 11 so that Jackal and I could ride at 1. Lunch was good and the ride was good. We picked up Super Saul near his house and headed out 12th and then up across campus and out 27th. South into the wind to Dike from the end of 27th then 5 more miles south to the Zanetta blacktop. From there it was east into Hudson where we hit the Ho Chi Minh Trail back to Waterloo. (Saul hadn't ridden the Zanetta blacktop before and wanted to know if we'd climbed Mother F##ker hill yet. Ouch! He's an animal!) A nice 43 miler....
Met Jeff Slade riding his bike back toward Hudson. I thought it was Kerkove for a minute, all dressed in black.... I'm betting he was out training today and that he had bricks in his bags to add weight.... Triathletes are funny that way ya know....
The new Northwave shoes are still super comfy. Super stiff carbon soles and NO hotspots. Woohoo!
Thanks to Jackal and Ron..... You guys didn't have to wait for me.
I need to lose about 30 pounds!
That's it for now.
Ride safe. Watch out for those cars out there! They certainly aren't watching for you.
Peace out, yo!





6 Comments:

Blogger All3Sports said...

So there I was..... Riding back from the shop when who did I see??? My buddy blue, son Jackal, and Mr. Saul.

Everyone should have enjoyed today, It was awesome out!

7:44 PM  
Blogger Captain Bob said...

That little Rhea keeps getting prettier every time I see her. Gotta love those little girls. I have two and they make it hard to say no sometimes.

Are those mozarella sticks? I love the ones they make at Mulligan's.

9:58 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

oh yeah! mozzi sticks at toad's! yummmmmmm......

5:18 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Blue - fried food at 11:30 and on the bike at 1? You are a B.A.

Rhea is getting big!

1:49 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

thanks guys! baby rhea looks soooooooooo much like her g'pa paul! (everyone says that isn't true but hey, what the heck! she loves me, and she doesn't know any better..... yet.)

eduardo... what can i say? so, there i was, cruising into waterloo, minding my own business, when all of a sudden a biker in black lycra accosted me on the trail..... that's my story and i'm sticking to it. :)

peace out, yo!

7:37 PM  
Blogger shOna said...

you don't need to lose weight. you need to get a lighter bike....single speed

(oh my lord what have the guys at the shop done to me?)

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home