Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Happy Birthday, Jackal!!!
Doug E, Jackal, Fat Albert, Tony Kisch....
Heading out of town....
Brent Johnson showing his victory form....
Grrrrrrrrr....
33 years ago today my wife gave birth to our first son, Carl (A.K.A. Jackal). He was ornery then and he's ornery today. Happy Birthday, Carl. I'm lookin for you to take care of me in another 50 years or so when I get old.
Also, being Tuesday, it's group ride night at Bike Tech in Cedar Falls. There was a good group starting out tonight heading out of town and into a BRUTAL SW wind. My goal was to make it the 12 miles or so to the end of 27th Street and then head back into town. When I finally got there, Deerslayer and Scott and Sara Gall were heading back into town, having gotten their miles in. Brent Johnson waited for me and we rode back into town together. Thanks Brent! You're a Prince! The rest of the group headed south towards Dike and Hudson. Jackal had taken off almost as soon as we rolled onto 27th and Tony rolled up beside me and said "I hate the wind", then took off after him. I suspect that it turned into a category 5 sufferfest before it was over. Good training for this weekend's Clear Lake Roadrace, I 'spose. ;)
That's it for now. I think I'll ride the Surly tomorrow.
I hope that everyone has a great 4th of July! Be safe!
Peace out, yo!



3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Blue - two things.

1) You were right. Fat Albert is not fat nor black.

2) I see you got yourself situated behind the only chick on the ride. Great positioning. :)

Have a great 4th! Don't blow anything up.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Jeff Kerkove said...

What? The owner of the shop is riding a bike he sells? Nooooo wayyyyyyy!

:-)

2:04 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

kerkove...

strange, huh? you'd think he'd be riding a roadmaster or a murray or something.....

welcome home!

chris...

purely coincidental. ;)

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home