Monday, June 04, 2007

Vacation day....

Jet skiers chatting on East Lake....
The wind was blowing the prairie grass around....
Mostly blue skies, great temps....
Bug Juice and a brownie. Lunch of champions....
I met John Adamson on my way to Black Hawk Park....
Hartman North gravel....
Today's post is number 250!
I took a vacation day today and rode my Surly. The temps were in the mid 70s and the skies were mostly blue. The wind was out of the north at about 15-20, so it was tolerable on the trails through the parks.
I stopped at the convenience store on Center Street in North Cedar and grabbed some Bug Juice and a brownie. I'd had my heart set on an Oatmeal Cream Pie but they were out.... :( I ate my brownie and drank part of my juice then headed west on Lone Tree Road to Black Hawk Park. I ran into John Adamson shortly after that and he turned around and rode through the park and back into town with me. His pace on his geared Specialized mtb was a bit faster than I'd been riding on my singlespeed so it made me work just a bit harder, which was good. When we got back into CF he stopped for coffee at Cup o' Joe's and then to chat with Chris Congdon.... I headed through the grass behind the utilities and then over to Pfeiffer Springs Park before heading down the South Riverside Trail until I was able to get onto the gravel through Hartman North. Thanks for the company and conversation, John! It was good riding with you!
All in all a pretty good day and a pretty good ride. Now I need to mow the lawn before it rains again and then take a shower....
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!





14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you going to bring Bug Juice and brownies/oatmeal cream pies/fudge rounds on those long gravel night rides this fall???!!!

6:00 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

maybe.... ;)



how the heck are you doin? staying out of trouble? ha!

peace out, yo!

6:05 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Blue - you are a master of the self photo. I must learn your technique.

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice. Bug Juice. You are making my kids jealous.

9:27 PM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Yeah, what Capt. Bob said!

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see you still chuggin' on C57!!! Must've been the Bug Juice!

10:37 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

i think it was the thought of the super sized fudge round i was going to eat when i got home......

10:41 PM  
Blogger All3Sports said...

Vacation days good!
Riding Single Speed good!
Having bug juice sitting on top of your Terry Fly saddle with the "buzz off" logo, classic!

7:07 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

eduardo, you win the prize!

peace out, yo!

7:44 AM  
Blogger weak and feeble said...

Ahhh, the Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pie- that and Mountain Dew was my energy choice for years!

Sounds like a great vacation day, I could use one of those.

On a side note I was thinking of you on the commute in this morning, there was a headwind of maybe 5-10 mph and it was driving me crazy- I don't know how you deal with those big winds you always have!

have a good one.

DEA

8:17 AM  
Blogger All3Sports said...

To deal with the wind ride behind Jackal.

9:47 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

yeah ed, jackal is good to draft behind. he rides a straight line, he's predictable, and he punches a pretty good hole in the wind.

peace out, yo!

6:35 AM  
Blogger weak and feeble said...

Blue, the TWAF crew is curious about what you run for a gear on the Surly SS.

I hope all is going well.

later,

DEA

12:22 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

dea....

34 x 17 with 2.10 x 26 irc mythos xc tires....


have a great weekend.

peace out, yo!

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home