Saturday, June 09, 2007

Long week.....

Baby Rhea. She's 8 months old now....
Jackal cruisin'....
Heading out of town....
Let's see.... Monday was a vacation day and I rode the Surly. Met up with John and rode through the park.
Tuesday was the group ride. Ungodly fast. Kicked my ass. 18 people showed up. All the fast guys. I got dropped but I made my goal. It was good!
Wednesday was my birthday. How old was I? Do trees live that long?
I called Jackal at the shop to see if they had a new chain for my Colnago. I told him I'd take the old one off and bring it up to compare lengths. He said "just bring your bike up, I'll change it for you". Not only did he change it for me, when I went to pay for it he said "Happy Birthday" and wouldn't let me pay for it. How 'bout that for a great son? Thanks Carl!
Thursday was the Ken Blanchard presentation at UNI. He's a great speaker.
Yesterday was Friday and I didn't do a whole lot other than catch my breath.
This morning Jackal and I rode down to Hudson on the paved trail and back through Cedar Falls via the "Intersections of Death Trail". He rode his Carbon Rush and I rode the Colnago. Nice ride! Judy and Moo went garage saling this morning while Jackal and I were out riding. I'm afraid to go upstairs to see if she bought anything. Antiquing scares me more....
Today is also our anniversary. 34 years. I told Judy last night that I made her the luckiest woman in the world 34 years ago. She laughed at me! :) She's a good girl and my best friend. Happy Anniversary, Baby.
That's it for now. I'm going to take her to lunch after I shower and then buy her a new Teddy Bear. I think we're going to cook out with Jackal and Moo this evening.
Last night's Courier had about 20 inches of ink telling the story of how Super Saul saved a little girl's life at a hotel in Indiana last weekend. He never said a word to any of us here. Ron, YOU are the MAN!!!! The world needs more people like you who are willing to "get involved". Good on ya'!
We leave for Moab on Thursday. Woohoo!
Have a great weekend.
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!



3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Blue - 34 years is solid. Most people don't last 5 anymore. You must have found a good one.

Way to go Super Saul! Someone made sure you were in the right place at the right time.

Blue - when I went to Moab back in 1994, my favorite ride turned out to be Poison Spider Trail. If you have not checked it out, do so. Not real technical, but very scenic. There is one cliff section that you have to traverse. Walk your bike. It gets down to about 2-3 feet wide with about a 600 foot drop STRAIGHT down on the left side. I know several people have died after trying to ride it.

6:45 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

chris....

ron was definitely in the right place at the right time AND he was blessed with the ability to do the right thing. that's why he's "super" saul! :)

thanks for the info on moab. i want to take the surly but jackal tells me i better take my geared mtb instead. we'll see....

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words guys.
Our God is amazing.

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home