Sunday, June 03, 2007

Yeah, it rained. Again....



Black clouds in the distance. A few minutes later it was raining.
I had a bowl of Frosted Flakes for breakfast then headed out on the Surly for a spin through the parks. I made it to the trail on top of the dike at Cedar Bend Park when it started raining. I think that was a whoppin' 20 minutes into my ride. I continued on to the East Lake Trail and made it to the Highway 218 overpass at the entrance to Wyth Park and waited for the rain to stop. 15 minutes later the sun was back out and I headed into the park to continue my ride. Dragon boat races were going on in all their glory on Wyth Lake and there were plenty of people and cars on the road. I headed through on the road and caught the trail again at the shelter house by the turn-around. Rode the trail the rest of the way through Wyth and then up to Gateway Park and on into Cedar Falls. It got humid after the rain stopped and the sun came back out. Steam rolling off the asphalt eveywhere! Pretty cool!

Saturday....

The Cedar River from the 18th Street Bridge....
Old railroad bridge converted to bike path in Evansdale....
Llamas....
The end of the paved trail....
Brett Klima Wildlife Area....
Brett played hockey with my sons.
Rode down to La Porte City and beyond to the end of the paved trail Saturday. It was a beautiful day and not too many riders on the trail. 51 miles on the Colnago. Oh yeah!
Jackal is in the Quad Cities racing in his first criterium today. Kerkove is somewhere between here and Ohio after competing in the Mohican 100 yesterday. It's all good!
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!






6 Comments:

Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Hey, Blue! I saw you Saturday as I rolled by on the float in the My Waterloo Days parade. It was on the corner of Park and the access road right by the overpass for 218. Lookin' good Buddy! :)

8:40 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

looked like a pretty good turn-out for the parade! people everywhere...

the last time i rode on a float was in the sturgis falls parade for my 20th class reunion (longggg ago) and i got soaked with squirt guns (super soakers?)courtesy of some of my co-workers. i never went again cuz all the people from my class looked soooo old that it made me feel old! this year is my 35th. geez!

hope you had a good time!

peace out, yo!

8:53 PM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Playin' git-tar on a moving platform. Geeking out on the crowds. Getting the Grand Marshall's award for the best float. Yeah, you could say I had a pretty good time!

10:22 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Nothing like getting soaked right at the beginning of your ride. So enjoyable.

Llamas are strange animals. Ranchers in Wyoming and those parts put them in with their sheep flocks because Llamas have some natural prejudice against Coyotes and chase them off.

2:03 AM  
Blogger Carl Buchanan said...

Llamas scare off Jackals too. :)

10:09 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

g-ted....

you should have yelled! congrats on the award. that's pretty cool!

chis....

soaked, yes. never fails. i'd heard that about llamas and coyotes. llamas seem so.... laid back.

jackal....

i doubt that.

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home