Monday, June 11, 2007

Rant on....

It was a great weekend for bicycling around here. I rode with Jackal Saturday morning then I went out alone Sunday morning. Went out on the Surly Sunday night and got home after dark. It was good!

The paved trails around here are becoming, for me, nothing more than a way to get out of town. They are full of rude people with no clue that others would like to safely use those same trails. People stopping in the middle of the trail to talk with their long lost buds. Dogs on leashes that go from one side to the other. People with multiple dogs on leashes.... It's always three women pushing strollers, shoulder to shoulder, wide as the trail. People with i-pods not paying attention to anything. Kids out of control, parents unconcerned. It's just plain dangerous out there. Are people really that ignorant, or are they just plain rude?

Has anyone rode the Big Woods Lake Trail lately? Wow! They bulldozed all the trees on the north end of the lake and over around the shelter house. It's ugly. It'll be uglier when they get the campground built in there. I don't know if you can really consider it a campground. More of a "rolling home" park. It makes me sad to see it like that. Why do I let myself get stressed over these things?

I suppose it's progress. What do I know?

Ride safe.

Peace out, yo!

8 Comments:

Blogger Carl Buchanan said...

They will not be happy with the so called "progress" until we pave the whole world. Nothing but a sea of concrete as far as the eye can see. People will talk about what it was like to walk in the grass...barefooted. Trees will be a thing of legend.

7:49 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Blue - I generally don't think people are rude. I honestly think it is ignorance. They are just in their own little world out there.

10:05 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

jackal....

everyone would have to learn to navigate by compass. cool!

chris....

i think you're right. most of them, anyway. there are a few that intentionally try to irritate.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Well, ya know Blue, if'n ya gots a lake jest sittin' thar, ya gots ta have access ta it, or it ain't doin' nobody no good. Ya know, I hafta be able ta put in somwhar, an I gots ta have the 'lectrical ta watch the stock car races afta I'm done wid da fishin'. An lets not fergit the sewa hook up fer the popout an a place ta buy some tall cool ones.

Sheesh! Sounds like home ta me! Less go! (....burp!....) :)

5:39 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

g-ted....

don't fergit it's one of dem dar "no wake" lakes... leave yer bass boat at da house....

i'm with ya on them thar cool'ens... let's tip a few!

as far as nascar, well, i cain't believe you even brought that up with me. :) (did you know that you can watch that 24/7 on the tube? ain't gotta go ta no dern rv park by a once beautiful lake)

peace out, yo!

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Pink,

If you are as wide/fat/large as me, then you need a lot of trail to ride on. Don't discriminate against me because I'm festively plump!! See ya tomorrow night?? Better be there!!!!

7:34 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

festively plump....

if the wind isn't over 5 mph, and the temp isn't over 73, and the sky isn't more than 30% overcast, and i can get across the tracks without losing a bottle and busting it.... well, if all those conditions are met, my fat ass will be there. smilin'.

take it easy on the fudge rounds!

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got your game face on for tonight??? I'll bring a couple of spare H20 bottles and tubes as you tend to break bottles and get flats!!! FYI...the water you bring is for you to drink, not to water the pavement!! :) Did I just jinx both of us???

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home