Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Independence Day....


The bridge between Janesville and Finchford....
Jackal....


Jackal was planning to do something else this morning so we weren't going to ride together but his plans changed late last night and we took off at 9 a.m. with no specific route in mind. We ended up in Janesville and then headed toward Finchford to see what progress they are making in replacing the bridge deck on the old structure over the Cedar. Looks like it will be awhile yet. That makes a nice loop, when there is a usable bridge in place. HURRY UP and get 'er done! Please. We headed back to Waterloo the same way that we had gone out and now had a tailwind and saw much higher speeds while still spinning easily. Yippee! It was a good ride. Thanks, Jackal.
When I got home I noticed my rear wheel touching the brake pad and spun it over to see what was up. The wheel is a bit out of true.... Must've hit something harder than I realized. It hasn't been touched with a spoke wrench this year so I think it must be time....
Judy and I went to lunch at Toad's after I'd taken a shower. Lasagne, garlic bread, and apple sauce. Yum!
Take a moment today to reflect on the signifigance of Independence Day and what the celebrations represent. The fireworks are more than just pretty lights in the night sky. Just think about it.
Have a great 4th.
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Blue - I agree most people don't take enough time to reflect on what any holiday is about.

2:31 PM  
Blogger weak and feeble said...

Blue,

I was nervous you were going to say you road the plank across the bridge!

I'm glad you had a good fourth, lots to reflect upon.


ride on,

DEA

3:38 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

dea...

i tried to get jackal to push his bike across with me but he wasn't having any of that. we would'a been fine! it was a good ride anyway.

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home