Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Monday night ride....


Deer in Sherwood Park....
Bob Roll?
Sunset over the Cedar....
The Thin Man hiding....
Above the dam in Cedar Falls....
The Ice House Museum....
25 miles on the Surly after work on Monday. It was hell getting the 20T freewheel off and replacing it with a "normal" 17T freewheel. In the end, I got 'er done. 55F and misting. All's well.... :)
It got dark before I got back, which was fine. Rode through George Wyth with Bottke on his SS road bike. That was good also! Singlespeeds rock! (get some lights on that bike, Brian. You work at a bike shop! You can ride longer that way)
The deer are thick again this year. Several bucks grazing in Sherwood Park when I rode by. Perhaps I'll do some hunting this year?
Little Jake is out of intensive care and apparently tearing it up in the hallways at the U of Iowa hospital on his tricycle. Good boy! He's the man!
Into Chicago today for a trade show at McCormick. My back hurts from all the walking. Lot's of hotties running around though, which was good. Back home now. It's all good! We have a new company pilot who is as young as my youngest son. He's good. I feel safe with him..... I remember some of the helicopter pilots I flew with when I was in the Army. Goddddddd....... I was a lot younger then and they were even younger than I was. It was a blast! Big balls and a shortage of brains is always an interesting combination....
Hell, my doctor is younger than I am.
That's it for now.
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pink...just don't ever forget why you bought the "C-50"!! Bobke it is...even with that jersey! Now you just need to learn how to team time trial like 7-11 did in the Tour and you're set!!!

7:46 PM  
Blogger Travel Gravel said...

Can't be sure if that's Bob Roll or not. Was he eating sweet corn through a picket fence? When he spoke, did his hands look like they were curled around a pair of Amstels? Did he remove his helmet to reveal a poorly done home-haircut? If you answer yes to any of these questions then it may have been Bobke! Kidding for sure but I think Bob is under-utilized on Vs.. He should just punch out Rainbow Troutwig and do the job solo! Until it's time for Phil's golden voice! Later!

9:19 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

fat albert.... team time trial? me? whatever! no one wants to ride that close to me! why did i buy the c-50? hmmm.... (you gotta admit that even though she was a bit pudgy, she was cute. admit it!)

gravelo.... bobke, being the clown prince of professional cycling, has a lot to teach all of us. he's a hoot and i agree that he could and should do more of the tour commentary on his own!

9:31 PM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Here's my Bobke story: '06 Interbike- I'm cruising through the show floor when I spy a rascally looking, unshaven, bed headded Bobke strolling up the other way. I thought to myself, "Must have been a rough night, dude!" I said "Hi! and he politely nodded.

Within a few hours I saw him being interviewed at the media center on cycling t.v. and he was clean shaven, hair done, and in a sport coat and slacks. Major transformation!

Anyway, nice sunset shot. The Chamber oughta use that one for promotions!

7:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You need to grow the old Bobke sideburns; those babies could nest an entire family of sparrows!
I have got to try night riding one of these days. May come in handy soon as we are losing light daily.
Isn't a pain when you get old? Nothing scares the bejeez out of me than seeing some youngster in the pilots seat. I am always worried they were brought up playing Flight Simulator! "GAME OVER".

12:04 PM  
Blogger weak and feeble said...

I like the Bobke shot! I met him a couple times during his Pro-Flex days and he just seemed like the essence of mountain biking- pretty funny guy and a great rider.

Now because I've got 7-11 on the brain I have to tell you we had a shooting at the local 7-11 yesterday.....with a bow and arrow.

Yup-


DEA

2:21 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

alright already! i'm not into hero worship but i will admit that i'd like to meet bob roll. i think he'd be a blast to tip a few with. i was perusing his website one day and happened across a picture of him on a night time gravel grinder with a group of folks. they were drinking beer and someone in the pic looked familiar. i looked closer and saw it was freakin' vinnie. i emailed him and asked what's up. he said it was a good time. damn!

who's older than me around here that still rides regularly? john, for sure. craig? anyone else? i don't know if craig is older or not.... what do you think ted?

oh well, you know what "they" say.... age is just a number. getting older is mandatory, growing up is optional.

oldman.... nite riding is the best!

dea... shot with a bow and arrow at the 7-11? that's scary! all i wanted was a freakin' slurpee!

8:18 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

That deer looks tasty. :)

8:35 PM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Blue, there are a couple of women older than you that put on crazy road miles. Phil M and Elaine both get around 5-10,000 miles a year on road bikes and never go faster than 16mph!

Then there's old Jim P, the farmer that rides pretty regularly all spring summer and fall. He's gotta be pushin 70 plus, Phil M is in her 70's and Elaine is close to that.

Yer just a pup, Blue! ;)

5:57 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

oh yeah! **basking in the glow of being recognized as a pup**

i run into phil on the trails pretty regularly. also on the xc ski trails in winter. that woman is a piece of work!!!! :)

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home