Sunday, October 21, 2007

Colors....


Off Airline Hwy near Aikey's....
Water over the road at Black Hawk Park....
Sweet....
I went into the park anyway....
Baby Rhea and I went for a ride after lunch....
She was excited....
Rolling along....
It didn't take long....
I went out for a ride on the Surly this morning. Mid 50's and sunny. There is still water over the East Lake Trail so I rode the dike to Greenbrier and took Airline to Cedar Falls. Once passed the Rollerdrome I headed out to Big Woods Lake via the back roads. I went around the east side then through the sand where the north end of the trail used to be. I was hoping they would replace it yet this year but it doesn't look like they will. It's about 300 yards of sand to the old parking lot and trail head. It's not bad if it hasn't rained in a couple of days and it was an easy trip today. It's torn up this year so that they can put in a "high end" campground for motor homes complete with electricity, water, sewer, and cable hookups. I liked it better when it was woods along the bike path. Must be some demand for $40 a night camping. Hmmmm..... From there I headed out to Black Hawk and rode through the park with NO automobile traffic. It was nice and quiet out here this morning. I rode out there awhile then rode back around the west side of Big Woods and into Cedar Falls. Went to lunch at Toad's with Judy, Jackal, Moo, and Baby Rhea, then came home and took Rhea for a ride in the Burley behind the Surly. She lasted about 5 minutes before falling asleep. :) We got in a bit of gravel grinding and bike path riding. The trailer pulls pretty easy....
I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!

5 Comments:

Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Gotta love a gal that's not afraid of helmet hair!

That pic of her asleep reminds me of my Izabel when she used to ride in the trailer. Thanks! That's a great shot.

7:19 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Rhea is getting big. She has her first helmet too.

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think she looks like Grandma Judy!!!! What were you doing taking her gravel grinding...try to wake her up???!! :) I'm still pretty sure I wouldn't fit in that thing and plus I would exceed the weight limit by 200 lbs!!! HEY HEY HEY...

9:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My kids did the same thing; 10 minutes down the road and lights out.
If only there was a way to pull the Burley in the house! It would have been so much easier to get them to go down for a nap that way! :^)
Looks like you had a good ride; it was a great day here for one too.

11:47 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

g-ted....
no fear of helmet hair for sure! she just smiles and giggles.

chris....
the helmet is pink with little rabbits on it. if they made them in a larger size....

fat albert....
looks like g'ma judy? hmmmm.....
i took her gravel grinding so she could get used to it. looking to the future....
we should build a trailer and pull your fat ass around at sturgis falls next year. you could hand out fudge rounds.

oldman....
it was a great ride! i hear ya on being able to pull the burley into the house. that would be pretty slick!

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home