Sunday, March 30, 2008

Rollin' the Hudz....



Rolling with Jackal....

44F in Hudson. Look at all that sand! Is it a beach?

Togetherness....

The C50 with the Hudz....

They are quite comfortable....

I like the color....


Jackal and I took off on a 24 miler yesterday to spin his legs out from his ride of the day before. I always liked riding with him and Kerkove on their recovery rides since it's the only time I could keep up with them. Anyway, Kerkove has moved away to Colorado and Jackal is usually on the road before I get off work so I take advantage of every opportunity to ride with him. Even on days like yesterday when the wind was out of the SE at 20 gusting to 25. He does a great job of blocking the wind for my fat ass....


We rode through our neighborhood and up to the trail along Greenhill then over through Alibar Hills to the trail that goes south to Hudson. Ended up backtracking once we got closer to Hudson and heading down Ho Chi Minh Trail into Hudson. The bike path is still covered with snow south of the John Deere dealer and we were on skinnies yesterday.... CX bikes would have been ok, I think. Anyway, he was sprinting every hill on the Ho Chi Minh so I got to feel a bit of the wind when he left me in the dust. His Cannondale System Six is an awesome ride! I think he maintained his fitness over the winter better than he thinks he did. Anyway, we rode into and around Hudson then came back the same way we had gone out. Nice ride! No issues with 4 wheeled traffic at all! Woohoo! There is still a lot of sand on the streets and some of it isn't too cool so you'd better pay attention out there!


I was riding with the new Campagnolo Scirocco wheels and the new HUDZ brake hoods yesterday. Both are pretty SWEET! I really like the HUDZ brake hoods. They are actually designed slightly differently than the ones from Campy and tend to relieve some of the pressure points. Like I said, my first impression is that they are pretty sweet. I've ordered a set for the CX bike.


I also liked the ride of the Sciroccos. The rear has Campy's G3 lacing and the front is laced radially on this set of wheels. They aren't super lightweight, high end wheels by any means, but they do ride nice. The only problem I have with these wheels is that the joint on the front one isn't quite perfect and will have to go back to Leans on Wood for warranty replacement. They roll true and round and are quite stiff. Nice!
Check out Kerkove's site for Moab Rim Ride results and pictures. Pretty cool.
I think that's about it for now....
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!

10 Comments:

Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Red hoods, huh? Pretty pimpy there!

Those Campy wheels look hawt too. Nice!

8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where's the nose pickin' picture?

8:41 PM  
Blogger Adam Lorenz said...

Red... very nice. I can't believe I'm saying this but Campy probably does the 'Red' a better service =)

10:08 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Take those hudz off that bike and that bike ain't shit. HA!

8:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I didn't know you were a Campy man! I have a new found respect for ya now! :^)
Those wheels are sweet looking. And the hudz are a nice touch. I will definitely look into getting a pair.
Glad to see you got out this weekend and survived your day at the beach! :^)

12:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I didn't know you were a Campy man! I have a new found respect for ya now! :^)
Those wheels are sweet looking. And the hudz are a nice touch. I will definitely look into getting a pair.
Glad to see you got out this weekend and survived your day at the beach! :^)

12:01 PM  
Blogger Ari said...

YOu guys are sooooo coooool
ari

4:27 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

g-ted....
i dunno about pimpy. ya see, i'm an innocent. know what i mean? ha! thanks, buddy :)

anonymous....
my nose still hurt from the last time.

adam....
i like my campy. can you see a campy equipped 1x1? oh yeah!

chris....
you ain't wrong there, brutha!

brian....
brian....
i think you'd like the hudz. they fit yor hands better than the campy hoods, and i like campy hoods! a little different shape on top. i think hudz is onto something. the wheels roll nice!

ari....
you are the man!

6:25 PM  
Blogger Adam Lorenz said...

a campy 1x1??? oh man. you are the man amoung men.

4:25 PM  
Blogger Pete Basso said...

The ride is pimpin' big daddy. That is one cool a$$ rig.

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home