Friday, May 09, 2008

Thursday....


We've had a lot of rain lately....

Orange school....

It was a beautiful day yesterday! Rode out to Orange then over to Hudson and back home for 30 miles in the saddle. I don't have many miles in yet this year so I spun a medium gear for the entire ride to get the legs and ass in a little better shape. 15 mph average. Nothing serious, but it was good.
You can see by the first picture that we've had a little bit of rain around here. I suspect that the damage to the trail came from the 5" of rain that we received in about 4 hours the other night. When we were in Missouri and Kansas the other day you could see that the weather hadn't been so bad down there since their corn had been planted and was coming out of the ground. I think that the planting around here stands at about 17% right now. It would be about 60% planted in a "normal" year. Rain in the forecast through the weekend. Probably drought this summer. Gotta love it! Woohoo!
NOTE: People driving cars with their cell phone sticking out of their ear piss me off. They are paying so much attention to their conversation that they forget how to drive. Scary. We'll get a whole new batch of 16 year olds with driver licenses in a couple of weeks and they all have cell phones. Does that scare you like it scares me? And you thought drunks were dangerous behind the wheel....
Fat Albert....
I talked to Ashley at lunch today. A very enlightening conversation. Just thought you'd want to know.
That's it for now. Have a great Friday!
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!


6 Comments:

Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Hey! That school isn't orange. You must be suffering the effects of too many Blody Mary's at altitude! ;>)

Cell phones and drivers! Yeah.....I'm scared and pissed off. It needs to be stopped for sure. But what do you expect? I was walking my daughter home from school when I saw two twin sisters about ten years old. Each was yakking on a cell phone. Weird! Standing right next to your sibling and yet a thousand miles away in your mind. Young folks just don't get it.

7:34 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

just think.... these are the kids that will be leading us and taking care of us in our old age.... "oops! i forgot to give the old guy in room 7 his meds. i was talking on my cell...."

10:05 AM  
Blogger B I D W E L L said...

Hey, that is where I got most of my elementary education. Oh man Mrs. Smith :) Of course she's probably 65 by now but... Still have some relative's around them parts, problem is W'loo used to be a far cry from Orange ,not so much anymore...

4:54 PM  
Blogger Ari said...

I did not drive til 20. I am 45 and still don't own a cell. A 16 year old has no reason to drive and could ride to a friends house to chat. It is not the kids fault but the parents for giving them all they want. We are raising a bunch of spoiled children.
Riders get your mirrors!!!
Ari

10:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Girl in Car: "So, Courtney, like I am so pissed at Heather! She like, really sucks . . . . ummm, I think I like, just hit something along the road or something. Anyway, like I said, Heather is like a huge be-och, okay!"

Be careful out there!

9:02 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

jeremy....
i had cousins who went to orange. they moved to clarksville when they were young. you may know them from either place. arnold, anita, annette, anthony, and angela

ari....
i agree with you completely. unfortunately, they'll end up being fat turds who are good at video games.

oldman....
you have that down! :)

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home