Saturday, August 09, 2008

Saturday....

It's Saturday and it's all good! About 81 F with a slight breeze. I just got back from a 5 mile walk that should help get the legs stretched out for tonight's "after dark" ride through the parks, which is part of the Cedar Trails Festival. It should be good! I'm planning to pull The Queen of Cross on the 10 mile ride in the Burley with theSurly . I know that will be fun! The organizers are getting ready for tomorrow's triathlon. It includes kayaking or canoeing, an off-road run through Hartman, and a bike ride. Looks like they're about ready to go....

While checking out Lily's blog a few minutes ago I saw that she got herself a new bike for her next adventure.... A triathlon! Nice bike! Good on ya, Lily! She's also the Canadian manager of The Fat Albert Fan Club and is doing her part to promote the Fat Albert Hugs and Kisses Tour 2008. She may even have a picture of some of our promotional material on her blog, so go check it out.

I plan to get up bright and early tomorrow so that I'll be ready for bed about 8 p.m. Gotta get up at 2:30 to get ready for the trip to Florida on Monday morning. My plane leaves Cedar Rapids at 5:50 and I have to be there an hour early to go through security. It's about an hour and 10 minute drive to get there so we'll be out of here by 3:30. Yukkkkkkk....... I wish we could have flown out of Waterloo. Oh well.... Ya gotta do what ya gotta do, I guess. It'll be fine.

I wonder how Kerkove and our friends from Bike Tech are doing out in Leadville? Big race today....

Ride safe.

Peace out, yo!

4 Comments:

Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Hey Blue! I sure hope you and The Queen of Cross are safe tonight. Some willy nilly nut jobs do that night ride from what I hear.

I have had great luck just breezing through security at Cedar rapids. It doesn't take but 15 minutes tops, at least that's my experience. Don't go too early or you'll find yerself just sittin' there thinking about riding for 45 minutes!

Kerkove done good! Probably top 20 and a hair over 8hrs. He'll be sportin' a big buckle soon!

8:37 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

g-ted....
that 20 minute downpour put the kabosh on the night ride last night. bummer! ahhhh well.... we'll do it on our own some night. i agree, there are some nut jobs out there.

thanks for the info on the cr airport. i'm hoping to breeze right through there....

11:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It has been really cool here too this weekend; today's ride in the woods was chilly in short sleeves. Love it!!
Have a safe trip down there. I always get those early morning flights too; painful to get up that early.
Wiens won Leadville and some guy named Armstrong or something came in second, about 2 minutes back.

4:02 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

oldman....
jackal and i rode at about 8 this morning. i wore a base layer and arm warmers for the first hour or so.....

weins did good. i was reading the report on one of the news sites. pretty cool. i think kerkove was either top 20 or very close to it.

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home