Monday, September 29, 2008

OH YEAH!!!!

I got my ass seriously kicked in the Master's 50+ race on Saturday and the Cat 4 race on Sunday. It was GREAT!!!!! I finished 4th of 4 starters in the Masters on Saturday and 25th of 27 in the 4s on Sunday. (There were 2 DNFs) I can't remember the last time I had so much fun! There were people on the race course whom I'd never met before yelling "GO BLUE". Some said they read my blog and "know" me from there. (here?) Some I've met before at MTB races or at CX races in the past. Too cool. What a great bunch of people.
The Bourbon? Andy brought that back from Kentucky for me. Thanks Buddy! It was great meeting your folks!
And finally meeting Rob Versteegh! Rob is the Oakley rep here in Iowa and surrounding areas and is one of the "movers and shakers" on the racing scene around these parts. A big thank you goes out to Rob and Paul Varnum and their families and all the volunteers who made this race happen. It was truly 1st class all around!
And the number of people yelling "Go Blue" and "GO DAD" around the course just blew my mind. (Brother of Jackal was hanging out with the beer drinkers at the 2nd set of barriers on Saturday after his race. Yeah, well, it didn't take long before everyone there was yelling "go dad". It was great! I even heard John and Kat yelling it. Too funny! Sunday's race had a lot of encouragers and supporters and cow bells and offers of cold beer while racing.
Thanks to John and Kat and all the rest of the Bike Tech crew for your yelling and screaming and "encouragement". Thanks to the family. It was a blast.
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Damn it....I knew I should have made time to go. Maybe I'll see ya for Spooky Cross:)

Peace

7:23 AM  
Blogger john said...

Blue - That was just fantastic - it couldn't have been more fun. It is so nice to see your whole family come out and race, support and have a good time.
John

8:30 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

And thank you for the consistent handups. Although towards the end I was hoping for a glass of bourbon, neat of course.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

DID YOU HAVE FUN? That is all that matters.
Very cool to have your "gang" there to cheer you on too.
Way to go "Dad"!
I have really got to get me one of those CX bikes and give it a try. After this weekend, I have the racing bug back (a bit!).

10:06 AM  
Blogger Craig, The Flanders Fat Cat said...

Good on ya, mate. You should post a link to the results. DAD POWER!!!

11:37 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Blue - glad your fans came out in full force. I hope you at least split that bourbon with them.

5:29 PM  
Blogger Mike Johnson said...

Hell of a job Blue! Had fun out there with ya racing and suffering.

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure how I came across your blog, but it was nice to meet you guys this weekend! The Buchanan/Bike Tech squad definitely kept the spirits high with the cowbells and encouraging words!!

See you at Newton?

Brent - #367

2:35 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

squirrel....
it was great! wish you could've been there but i'm sure you'll make it to spooky cross. it'll be good!

john....
thanks! you and kat were awesome at the top of that killer runup! you looked like you were having as much fun as i was! heal up fast, buddy!

andy....
beer probably would have been better than bourbon at that point in the race. man, you are a glutton for punishment! you certainly put the hurt on the field in the ss race! whoa!

oldman....
yes! i had fun. it was a blast! it was fun having so much crowd interaction and the noise was great. i love cowbells!

craig....
http://cyclingupdate.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=388&Itemid=29

now, you need to take your blue colnago to the cx races too. it's addictive! beware,,, one taste is all it takes.

chris....
i think i'll try it again this coming weekend. you know, just to see if i really like it :)

striker....
thanks for your encouragement on and off the course. it was good riding with (behind, way behind) you.

brent....
it was good meeting you too. you looked like you were enjoying yourself out there! we'll be at newton. oh yeah, cowbells and all! see you there!

7:19 PM  
Blogger Ari said...

Bourbon and coke! Glad you rode your ass off and had fun. MOre people know you than you think.
I always read your blog.
Good luck on upcoming races.
Ari
from Sycamore,IL

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home