Monday, September 22, 2008

Things....

I needed a new vehicle....
Someone was having fun....
Chillin'
Ready to roll....
Amazing....
Kayakers....
Hi there!!!!
My old Blazer was about to bite the dust and I didn't want to put any money into it so I bought a "new" car. A dark blue 2002 VW Passat wagon. Just like Jackal's, other than the color and the "4 Motion" option that's on his. I like it. We've had a great experience with our 2005 Jetta so I said "what the heck"....
Sunday morning found me riding through the parks on the CX bike. 30 miles at tempo and my ass was fried. I got home and took a shower then went to lunch with The Queen of Cross and her parents. It was good. She wanted to go for a ride after lunch so we hooked the Burly up to the Surly and took off with Jackal and Moo. Another 13 miles with my lead legs. It was good. She seems to like rollin' in the Burly. We did a little bit of "off road" again.... She got mad at me because I made her drop some of her Goldfish crackers. We smoothed that over when she realized that she had A LOT of them with her.
CX starts this coming weekend in Des Moines. Not ready but going anyway. It's gonna be fun!
That's about it for now.
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!


10 Comments:

Blogger Harkemas4 said...

Oh my goodness! She is just way too cute!!!!

11:54 AM  
Blogger Craig, The Flanders Fat Cat said...

So, you got back in about an hour then.

Good luck gettin' on and off a bike in Des Moans

1:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cute kid but who is the strange looking guy next to her on the bench? Really should tell her to avoid folks like that! :^)
I can just hear her complain to you about the goldfish; too funny!
Good luck in your first CX; sounds like fun!

3:07 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

coila....
thanks, sweetie! she looks (not so much) like her g'pa paul!

craig....
it was more like an hour and a half. she wanted to stop and watch the kayakers on the lake.
i think i'll be moaning in des moines. i just have this feeling, ya know? lol

oldman....
i keep telling her that boys are bad but she still likes me, or so it seems. she said "papa, papa, papa...stop!" once we got back on the paved trail and she could eat her goldfish, she was fine. kids!
i just rode for an hour plus one lap around a grass thail in a meadow that's in the nature center just north of my house. hard work. i stink now, and i'm soaked so it must've been a good workout.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like your working hard to prepare for this new phase in your cycling career! I'll be moaning this weekend after my race, but it should be fun!

10:16 PM  
Blogger john said...

How exciting to have you in the X scene...it is gone to be a long process...old man.
Older Man,
John

7:54 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

john....
my goal is to not get triple lapped by you.... :)

12:32 PM  
Blogger Harkemas4 said...

COILA??? I am TARA!! Silly uncle man!! hehe.What is your email address? I was looking through my contacts and dont have you! I posted a ton of new pics so take a look when u can! Love you

2:27 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Blue - you should have gone with the jacked up International Scout - oldschool style.

The girl is getting bigger with each picture.

2:38 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

tara....
oops! sorry. i know you don't want to be confused with coila! my email address is at the bottom of the "blog links" button on the right side of this page. feel free!

chris....
i thought about it but it was too old. :) where ya been hiding, brother?
oh yeah, rhea is growing and growing. wild child!

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home