Saturday, September 06, 2008

Week in review....

Brother of Jackal on C-Dale CX bike....
Can't get through the woods....
Someone doesn't like this being declared a bike path?
The other end....

Riding with The Thin Man and Scott....
The Thin Man at work....
I rode everyday last week except Wednesday. Sunday was the Hartman North Unit and the bike paths. Don't remember Monday. ;) Tuesday was the group ride. Just 4 of us. I ended up getting home at 8:30. 33 good miles. It was DARK outside by then. No lights. Dumb. I hadn't planned on being so late but it was a great ride with Brent and Scott. Wednesday was chore day and Thursday was wet. I got to The Shop for the Thursday group ride and no one was there yet. The rain must've kept them away. Jackal showed up a few minutes later, then Scott. We decided to go do laps around Big Woods Lake. It's a mile and three quarters around the lake and since it was still drizzly and wet, no one was out there except us and one young gal running. We did quite a few laps and got a pretty good workout in an hour or so. Jackal showed up on his Ridley CX bike and Scott and I were on road bikes. The C-50 is covered in mud! Jackal got some grass time in while we rode on the bike path. It was good! I wish I'd ridden the CX bike....
Friday was a shortie on the CX bike and i rode through the parks on it today for about 28 miles. It was good.
The weather is getting cooler and I'm sure that fall is just around the corner. Lot's of leaves and nuts on the trails. Jackal and I are heading to Kansas City tomorrow to meet some people and talk about bikes. More on that later. It'll be good!
CX season starts in a couple of weeks. WOOHOO!!!!
That's it for now. I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Ride Safe.
Peace out, yo!

5 Comments:

Blogger Ari said...

Fall is fer Sure in the air. I just hope we don't have another monster winter again. I still have not forgotten that one. Tomorrow more gravel grinding with pals Giggles and Pizza.
be good,
Ari

11:22 PM  
Blogger Lily on the Road said...

Sounds like it was a great week!

Fall IS in the air! We are just being bombared by acorns, no leaves yet...

Have a great Sunday.

5:22 AM  
Blogger john said...

Looking forward to sharing the X season with you and your fine family.
John

9:21 AM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

I smell sponsorship in the air! ;-)

7:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Looks like a great weekend to me! So, are you going to race that CX this year? Can't wait to see the pictures of you tripping over the barricades! :^)
I need to get me one of those, but pretty sure the wife will say I have too many bike now. I was eyeballing some sweet cross rides here at the Palo Alto Bicycles shop today. Wonder if one of those would fit in my luggage?
Take care and have a good week.
P.S. Had a ball out here riding yesterday. Hope to blog all about it when I get back.

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home