Friday, September 19, 2008

Who is John Galt?

Nebraska countryside near Omaha....
These are sprouting all over Iowa....
Choo Choo......
I drove to Des Moines early in the morning yesterday to meet a printing press salesman and drive with him to Omaha to look at a press. It was a long day! We were leaving the shop where we'd looked at the press and drove under a street sign proclaiming John Galt Blvd. I rhetorically said "Cool! John Galt Boulevard!" One of the guys in the car with me said "Who is John Galt". Awesome!!!! I started to explain John Galt from Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. Just a bit of useless knowledge, I guess....
After I got back to Waterloo I decided I needed a ride so I got the CX bike out and took a tour of the parks. 25 miles and I pulled in the driveway just as the sun was setting. Good stuff!
I 'spose I should get the day started here at work.
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!


8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

John Galt is the Driver.
Atlas Shrugged is a great book, but my favorite by Ayn Rand is still Anthem. The Fountainhead and Anthem both focus on Individualism vs. the theme of Objectivism in Atlas Shrugged. Regardless, she was one of my favorite authors.
Cool that they named a street after a fictional character from a great novel!

9:01 AM  
Blogger bryan said...

Blue was in Omaha.

I'm in Omaha.

Blue was checking out a press.

I'm in a print industry.

My phone remained quiet and motionless.

1:29 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

sorry bryan. i knew that you were working and didn't want to disturb you for lunch..... perhaps another time? we were on a very tight schedule.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Blue: Excellent answer! The "tight schedule" comment was a great thought. Sounds legit.
He will never know you were purposely avoiding him!

2:11 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

ohhhhhhhhh brian, that's good! stealthy, too :)

4:28 PM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Those wind generators are sprouting up all over. Heck, I was up by Chuck Town last june....nuttin. Then a couple of weeks ago...criminy! A veritable forrest of the things. I still am amazed at how big the component parts of those things are when I see them gettin' toted around the countryside.

One more thing to think about flying through the air during a tornado!

10:26 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

g-ted....
we went up north for the clear lake road race in july and saw those. holy cow! they weren't there the last time we were through. (for the previous year's race) change, i guess.

behave yourself at interbike! ;)

7:36 AM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

blue: Will do! I'll send some audio posts back, so check in and listen!

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home