Monday, December 22, 2008

Stolen....



DanGerous sent the link to this pic to Jackal in a comment and I stole, er, I mean borrowed it, from there. (I call them the Cannondale Twins. Dan is from The Great White North and rides all winter up there. Eh?) Pretty cool, eh? A pedal powered snowplow. I suspect that if the gearing were right, it could actually work. They could probably be manufactured fairly easily and sold to fitness concious people in the snow belts of the world! I'm liking the idea.... Probably oughta have studs on the rear.
In other news: It's still -5F here in Iowa and that is freakin' too cold for me. I tried to get Judy to go out and start my car for me this morning (-9F) but she wasn't having any of that. Since I was already outside (when I started my car myself) I took the garbage out and cleared the snow off of her Jetta for her. I'm so sweet!
The weatherman is calling for 3-6 more inches of the white stuff starting tonight and into tomorrow morning. Whatcha gonna do? Sure could use that pedal powered snowplow right about now. It would be good "cross" training.
That's about it for now. I smell supper cooking....
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, you put the whammy on me. It's down to 30 degrees. That's supposed to be the low for the night, but I don't think so.... The furnace is working well though, so we'll be alright.

Oh yeah, tomorrow is back up to 60, followed by a warming trend....

9:26 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

brian b....
y'all have furnaces in alabamy? i thought you just fired up the chiminea on the patio and drank jack? (though i can't understand why anyone would drink that stuff when there is good whiskey available?)

9:34 PM  
Blogger Jeff Moser said...

Man, that's cold! It typically gets in the single digits and teens here, but rarely drops below zero.

9:46 PM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Hey Blue! It's above zero! Ya know, it's either colder than a witches you know what, or it is snowing. Hmmm........I'll take the white stuff, and stay above zero. Well above zero, if you please!

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was on an airplane departing from Nashville once. Seated next to me was a Southern Baptist preacher. The stewardess came by and asked if we would care for a drink. I stated that I would like a fine Bourbon from Kentucky. She responded that they only had whiskey from Tennessee. (Imagine that) The Baptist preacher then exclaimed "I would rather be assaulted by a brazen hussy than let that whiskey touch my lips".

I immediately handed the Jack back to her and said "I didn't realize that was one of the choices"....

The chiminea will be fired up Christmas Eve. Jim will be by my side. We have furnaces because we need some method to distribute the central air-conditioning.....

1:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, be careful not to wrench your arm trying to pat yourself on the back there Blue! :^)
That is freakin' cold; we have only been in the balmy teens lately. And, its going to be in the 40's here this weekend! That is bike riding weather. Might not even need arm warmers! :^)
That snow plow is awesome. I might have to get someone (Smudgemo) to fabricate one for me.

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home