Sunday, February 01, 2009

Interesting day....

Hi there!
Papa's girl....
The Queen of Cross....
I got up at 5:30 this morning to watch the Cyclocross World Championships. Sent Jackal an Email to tell him that I was set up to watch it on the 'puter and that it started at 7:25. He rolled in at 7:24. He'd been out of bed for 10 minutes and happened to check his email and high-tailed it down here to watch the race. Awesome racing, BTW. Good stuff. We wondered what happened to Ryan Trebon. Turns out that he got knocked off his bike by a cameraman's boom and hurt himself so he dropped out. Wow. Neils Albert was unstoppable and made his win look easy. The average speed for the race was near 19 mph. I can't imagine riding that fast in a race like that for 62 minutes. They're machines!
We went to lunch at Toad's before the football crowd started to show up. Went to the carwash on our way home and hosed off all the brine solution that had been accumulating on the Passat. Have I ever mentioned that I'm beginning to dislike winter? A couple of days of cold weather coming up then some warmer temps again. It's been in the 30s all weekend and pretty nice. I could get used to it!
I watched the second half of the Superbowl to see my Steelers win it. I'm not really a football fan. A 60 minute game that takes nearly 4 hours to complete and tallies up a total of about 11 minutes of actual play isn't my thing. Still, if the Steelers are in the Superbowl, I watch. I can't help myself. Besides, I got to see the 1 second commercial! I wondered what it would be ever since I'd heard about it. Miller beer. Memorable spot:) Springsteen was pretty good at halftime.
Anyway, that's about it for now.
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is soooo cute!! Got papa wrapped around her little finger. Didn't watch the Super Bowl. I have Dish Network and apparently NBC doesn't want to share the wealth with them. Oh well, Green Bay wasn't playing so it wasn't an official Super Bowl anyway......

All 6 of the Swedish bikini team showed up this week. It's tough housing them with only one bathroom.......

1:38 AM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Gotta love the warmer weather on the way. I even rolled by your casa yesterday, although I don't know which one is yours!

Have a great week Buddy!

7:14 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Blue - 19 mph is flying on the dirt. They really are machines.

The black and gold pulled it off. Great game.

You staying warm up there?

3:44 PM  
Blogger Craig, The Flanders Fat Cat said...

It has already been called the greatest superbowl game ever played by several columnists today. I don't know about that but it was pretty damn good. Especially since the Stillers took it. There is an exclusive new club in town. Five won't do it anymore, gotta come to sixburgh. Don't wait too long. Admission goes up to seven rings soon.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm an old steelers fan from way back (late 70's) so it was nice to see them win again. Pretty good game with action right up to the end.
Still riding indoors these days. Winter has got to break here soon!
Take care.

4:14 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

brian b....
she loves her papa! :) who are the packers? is that some minor league bowling team? housing the swedish bikini team shouldn't be a problem with one bathroom! be creative!

g-ted....
mine is the one that's buried under a snowdrift! this warm weather is nice. well, it was nice, until today, which isn't very warm!

chris....
wow! i haven't heard from you in awhile! i hope all is well down there with lance. that race was amazing. when they showed the lap times i got out the trusty calculator and about crapped myself. 19 mph is freakin' fast. i was getting anaerobic just watching them! it was warm over the weekend but we have a couple of cold days coming. welcome back! you are back, right?

craig....
i'd bet that every bar in pa and wv were rocking last night! whoa! the steelers have been my team since the mid 70s. i used to watch them on afn when i was in germany. i have to admit though, that they've made me cry a few times. i was a bit worried for awhile yesterday.... it's all good in the end! 7 rings would be cool!

oldman....
that was a great game. they almost killed me when big ben tried to run the ball late in the game. that guy is huge! i'm still riding in the basement too. judy makes me shower afterwards. says i stink. hmmmmm..... she's known me long enough to know that she can't hurt my feelings with comments like those. :)

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home