Friday, April 17, 2009

Friday....
Wheeeee.......
Cutie Pie.......

72F and sunny....



Cancer Sucks....
Sure sign of spring....
Old out buildings on Zanetta....



43.66 miles in a touch over 2 1/2 hours this afternoon. It felt pretty good! The wind was out of the SE at about 13, so half my ride had a quartering tailwind. Yes, that means that the other half had a quartering headwind. South to Hudson then west on the Zanetta blacktop to the Dike/Reinbeck blacktop. North into Dike then continue north to 27th street and back east into Cedar Falls.
Only one incident with an idiot in a big blue Dodge SUV while going north. I was almost to the 27th Street turnoff and several cars were coming south and were almost even with me. The asshole in the Dodge wasn't about to slow down for a bicycle so he came on by. He was travelling at a much higher rate of speed than the 23.5 mph that I was doing. His mirror missed my shoulder by inches. I guess you're gonna have idiots like that every once in awhile. Oh well.... They'll never stop and talk to you....
Thankfully, all the other traffic today was considerate of the poor dumb cyclist. I think 99.9% of the drivers out there are good and that they watch for cyclists. It's that one "Hater" out of a thousand cars. Whatcha gonna do?
The Queen of Cross is upstairs and wants her "Papa" so I'd better answer her call. :)
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!

6 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

She is SOOOOO cute! And I love the socks

6:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to hear he "missed" you even if it was by inches. Like you said, the majority are considerate. But it's still frustrating regardless.
I guess I see what you mean about the lack of trees along your roads. Not much cross-wind protection.
You look good in pink. Oh, and I like the socks too!
Queen of Cross has you so wrapped!
Enjoy the heat. We finally have some warmth here too.

7:01 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

susi....
she looks just like her g'pa paul! the socks? nice touch, eh?

oldman....
i dig pink! i hate idiot drivers but i'm learning not to scream and yell and flip them the bird when they do something stoopid. someday one of them will stop to dance. :) nope, no crosswind protection in these parts. none. glad michigan is warming up for you!

8:56 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

brian....
oh yeah, The Queen knows how to work me. most definitely. :)

8:57 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Actually, she does look like her Granpa.....lucky little girl. I can't wait to see her.

9:04 PM  
Blogger Lily on the Road said...

The Queen is growing up so quickly, she is a cutiepie!

Take care on the roads, it's that "one" who might just get you! Stay safe, glad you had a great visit!

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home