Thursday, April 09, 2009

Intense....

Who's bottom is that, MJ?
Sweet cruiser....
Rollin' into Janesville....
Redg, you da' man!
Cedar River at Janesville....
Chit-Chat....
The roll out to Union Road was at a good pace but uneventful. I think there were 10 of us when we crossed First Street and headed down the drop that leads to the climb up to the viaduct near The Retreat House.
The group stayed together over this rise and down the other side. It stayed together to Beaver Hills and beyond. It was still together at Beaver Valley Road, which is when I think things started to get crazy.
It looked like Doug went off the front, then the group spread out as David and Pete and a couple of others went after him. I bridged up to Jackal and Striker for a couple minutes but couldn't hang on. What was I thinking? LOL. They're all animals. A couple more riders went by and I hung on for a ways but had to let them go.
The wind was out of the north east tonight and it just wasn't to be. It wasn't terrible but it was enough to make one work. I'm pretty happy with my ride though since I am able to stay with the group much longer than I could last year. I'm taking Jackal's advice this year and hanging on till it hurts. Gotta get faster that way, eh?
The super fast guys headed west at C57 to beat the hell out of each other going into Finchford then up 3 tier hill. 5 of us kept going north at that intersection and then continued on to Winslow Road then east into Janesville.
The ride down old 218 from Janesville was much easier tonight with the wind at our backs. Didn't get caught by the fast guys until we got back to Cedar Falls.
A little incident at the Cedar River bridge in Cedar Falls when someone rolling along in a big pickup wanted to argue with Redg about bicycles being on the road. The Thin Man and Dave rolled right up in support and the situation defused itself pretty quickly. I hit a pot hole pretty hard when the truck slowed down in front of us but it doesn't appear that there was any damage to my wheels. Had me worried for a second, though. A little old lady in a big truck wanting to argue with 7 cyclists. Hmmmm.... :0 Kinda funny, in hindsight.
Saw Brother of Jackal and Carlie rolling through the intersection of 1st and Franklin while we were waiting for the light. Goooo Tats!!!!
Tons of fun riding in the group at high speed, eh Redg? That was good stuff out there tonight! You be da' man!
Not sure yet what the weather will be like for the remainder of the week and the weekend. Heading to Arizona on Sunday for a few days.... Should be good! Maybe I'll get some sun on these "whale belly white" arms and legs.
That's it for now.
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!




11 Comments:

Blogger Mike Johnson said...

Fun night or riding. IT was great to see you hangin in on Uninon Rd.

Yep Carl and I could not catch the other three. I chased all the way to CF. Like you say "It's All Good"

Have fun in Az.

Yeah that's my Rat Fink A@!

10:14 PM  
Blogger THE MAN! said...

Glad you mentioned the sighting of Brother of Jackal and Carlie by the ice house. Goooo Bluuuuuue!

10:26 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

mike....
good seeing you tonight! wow! i like the way you guys train.... showing up for the road ride on cx bikes. hard work! it's all good!

brother of jackal....
you're so welcome!

nice of you to let me know you changed the address of your blog, buddy! now, all you have to do is update it once in awhile. :)

10:45 PM  
Blogger Adam Lorenz said...

not going to lie... I have no idea what you wrote about because I am still in shock/horror as to seeing the 'Rat Fink' ass shot... Thanks Blue, no way I'll be sleeping well tonight =)

10:59 PM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

I'm with a-lo. (shudder!)

Have a great weekend and don't forget to drink your H2O in the AZ. :-)

6:28 AM  
Blogger Lily on the Road said...

I haven't heard nor read "Rat Fink" since the 60's....you guys always have such a GREAT time!

8:20 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

a.lo....
sorry, buddy.

g-ted....
i'll try to stay hydrated. gonna see my dad and my sister. it should be fun.

lily....
i hear ya, young lady. it caught my attention as soon as i saw it. like you, it's been a very long time since i've seen it.

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No Blue, you are the man.
Gracias for the words of encouragement to stay with the group.
The way out to Beaver Valley Road was a blast indeed.
Thanks for the lead to the sprint, soon, I'll beat that Thin Man and the Whisperer to the line.
The lady in the blue truck... oh well... someday she will understand.

Have a buen viaje to AZ
Redg!

9:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Speaking of "Rat Fink", check out the movie (narrated by none other than John Goodman) titled "Rat Fink the Movie" (original!). Great fun if you are a fan of old hot rods, custom cars and the 70's (that might be only me, Blue and Ted!).
I am a bit disturbed by some of the photos myself. There seem to be too many posterior shots. Or maybe that is just because Blue is always "bring up the rear!" :^)
Stay out of trouble in Arizona; I have no pull with the authorities in that state!

3:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was wrong. The film is called "Tales of the Rat Fink". Much more original!

3:44 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

oldman....
it's my job to "bring up the rear"... lol.

i'll have to check out the movie. sounds good.

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home