Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Rumble....



13 showed up last night for the group ride. Fatty owes me beer because I beat him to the top of 2nd Street on the roll out. I have to admit that he was no slouch and he worked his ass off in this little "contest". I beat him by mere inches. I almost feel bad about collecting the sixer of Guinness from him but, well, a bet is a bet. It has to be that way, Buddy.
We headed north on Union Road and quickly broke into 3 groups. At the intersection with Cedar Wapsi, the really fast guys turned west toward Finchford and the rest of us headed north to Janesville. We would all meet up at the intersection of Cedar Wapsi and Center Street on the way back south. The wind was mostly west at about 18 mph so it didn't really effect those of us who took the north route to Janesville but it had to be killer for the boys and girl who headed west to Finchford.
Jackal, Fatty, Kat, and Pete came around us about 2 miles south of Cedar Wapsi Road and I caught on to the tail of that group and hung on as long as I could. Whoa!!!! There was so much movement in that tight knit group that it made me dizzy. They were like a well oiled machine, taking their quick turns at the front, dropping back, pulling again.... It was all I could do to hang on to the back of that group for 2 miles. It was impressive to me to be a part of that for a short while. Awesome!
Kat moves into the group of "animals" now, in my opinion. Holy crap! She is wicked fast! I was impressed! Fatty and Jackal were on their CX bikes and you couldn't see any daylight between the 4 of them, they were in such a tight group. Like I said, I struggled to hang on to the back of that group for 2 miles. I know Jackal was turning 42 x 13. I was turning 53 x 18 at the time and as soon as I lost the draft it was all over for me. All I saw was a group of colorful bodies pulling away from me. I rode as hard as I could to the edge of North Cedar then backed off a bit. My legs were fried! The group I had left caught me soon after that and we rolled back to the shop together.
Fatty, Super, Redg, all of you guys that showed up last night.... Great seeing you! It was an awesome ride! Thanks!
That's it for now.
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!


11 Comments:

Blogger Mike Johnson said...

Great to see 13 out. I left the shop at 5:30 and headed due west on 27th up to New Hartford and back in on Beaver Valley. Then it was north again to Finchford and over to Center St and home. Good 35 miles in a couple of hours. Let me tell ya it was fast on Beaver Valley ran out of gears and doing 35 on the cross bike. Rolled in to North Ceadar about 7:20 and must have missed you guys.

Nice to see everyone out riding.

5:15 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

mike....
we had a great ride! we must've just missed each other out there. stay safe!

5:55 PM  
Blogger KAT said...

Always a pleasure to get some quality training in with the group. Yes, I sensed you behind me on the flight down Center street and was also impressed - pedaling strong you were - great to see you out.

6:46 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

kat....
thanks for the pull! it was great! :)

11:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like fun (as usual). And a little painful.
I am hoping to get out tonight, but have no one to pull my ass along. Guess I don't have to keep up with another either then! :^)

11:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I meant "keep up with anyone either". Man, we need a spelling/grammar check for blogging!

11:37 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

oldman....
it was fun. super! the weather is finally getting better.

spell check? grammar? i always check what i've written, right after i hit "send". lol. call me a dumbass :)

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fun times indeed, this group rides are addicting!
Redg!

8:33 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

redg....
definitely good stuff! :)

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok dumbass...if you insist, dumbass!! :) Good luck in getting that 6-pack too!!! You were pedaling like you were getting chased by 10 pitbulls up that hill! I've never seen you pedal so hard and fast in my life!

9:22 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

fatty....
whatever works for you, buddy. personally, i wouldn't want to have the reputation of welching on bets. but hey, whatever works for you :)

you missed a good one tonight. doug is an animal. just sayin'

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home