Saturday, April 04, 2009

Boom....

Fire trucks....
That has to suck....
Tree down....
"I think we can make it...."
Piece of cake....
I was sitting in the living room in my Dr. Seuss jammie bottoms and a tee this morning when I heard a "BOOM". Judy asked "what was that"? "I dunno, probably nothing". About 3 minutes later we heard a siren. I went outside and walked to the end of the drive but didn't see anything. I turned around to come back down to the house and saw a pillar of thick black smoke rising from the house of my neighbor about 3 houses away. Whoa! I came in and grabbed my coffee cup and put on a jacket and ball cap and walked up the street. When I got to the corner I saw a lady Waterloo Police officer so I walked over to talk to her and looked at the aftermath of an engine fire in an Aerostar van. Well, the engine fire toasted the van and melted the siding on the garage right in front of it. Like I said, that has to suck. I was talking to the officer for a few minutes when we heard another siren and saw another fire truck coming up the street. She said "I wonder where they're going?" when it turned in to go to the van fire. I said they must have been bored sitting at the fire house and wanted to get out. (the fire was out by then and it got a chuckle from the officer) They got out of the truck and walked up to the garage and started poking and pulling siding and soffet off to make sure the garage wasn't on fire. About that time I told the officer that I'd better get home before my wife came looking for me. She thought that was pretty funny, for some reason. I turned to walk back home and she let me know that she liked my jammies. Too funny. I guess you'd of had to have been there.
Jackal showed up at the house shortly after that with his cx bike. Said he'd just had a text from G-Ted saying it was raining in the south part of Waterloo. I asked if he wanted company and he said sure, so I got dressed and we went out and did a nice 28 miler through the parks. 38F and kinda windy but not bad at all. Didn't get wet but did see a couple of snow flakes falling. We were about 24 miles into the ride and I was starting to feel the effects of not eating breakfast. Jackal had a "Cookies & Cream" Powerbar with him and shared it with me. Perfect! Kinda tasty, too! Thanks, Buddy!
Anyway, that's about it for now.
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!

6 Comments:

Blogger Lily on the Road said...

Well, that was an eventful morning, but, wait...no pic of the jammies?....dang! LOL

Not good to go out with out your breakfast sir!

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure my fat arse wouldn't have fit through those trees...

7:06 PM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Aerostar? Not surprising given that it was probably the worst engineered car on the road. Ol' Schuerman wouldn't even do more than a oil change on those things when I worked for him. That oughta tell ya something right there!

Great that it never rained on you guys. I wish I could have ridden today, but I had kid duty. Looks like tomorrow could be a tuff one!

10:37 PM  
Blogger Brian B said...

I see no leaves on the trees yet, except the evergreens. Are the public swimming pools open yet???? I had to work today. It sucked. 81 degrees and beautiful sunshine. Have to work Sunday also.... Yeah, it's tough here in Alabama. Debi has mowed the lawn at least 5 times already.

2:12 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

lily....
nope, no pic of the jammies. i will eat something prior to riding in the future, for sure!

fatty....
i'd push til you got through, buddy. no worries.

g-ted....
i bought one of those things new in '87. didn't keep it too long. traded it for another winner, an '88 astro. didn't keep that piece of crap very long either. think we ended up with a sporty cutlass.... ah well.

brownie....
be nice, brother. :)

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Susi said...

I want some Dr. Seuss jammies....by the way, I have decided that Dad is the new Dr. Seuss....he said something about a bird with a red head and thought it was hilarious! Can't wait to see you!

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home