Saturday, March 28, 2009

Atlanta was ok, but....

I missed my Baby....
Kansas City....
Kansas City....
Kansas City....
Kansas City.... (can you spot Fatty?)
I've always thought that the Atlanta area was pretty neat. Well, other than the traffic and the hordes of people and the oppressive heat in summer.... We were actually in the Marietta and Woodstock areas. Woodstock is nice. I could live there if it weren't for the traffic and the hordes of people and the oppressive heat in summer.
It rained most of the time that we were there, which was ok. They need the moisture. The area has been suffering a drought for a very long time.
I took a lot of pictures of the 3 large printing presses that are still in our building there but not of much else. Soon the building will be totally empty. It is a large building and seems downright cavernous without all of the presses that used to be in there. Most of them went to our Florida facility, along with most of the operators. They all wanted to move. I was surprised when they agreed to go south. Not one of them hesitated. It sure made the transition much easier. We're making decisions now as to whether or not we want to keep the last three web presses.... One of them will go to our Utah plant, for sure. One is complete junk, and the third one could be used but there isn't a large demand for the format that it produces.
It's trying to snow here today. It isn't having a lot of success. Yes, a bit of snow is coming from the sky but the ground has warmed enough that it isn't going to stay. It will all be gone tomorrow.
Sadly, I wasn't able to make it to Hooters while in Georgia. Perhaps the next time, if there is a next time.... I'll be in Phoenix on the 14th, 15th, and 16 of April. I'm hitching a ride on the company plane to go visit my dad and sister. Another opportunity to introduce myself to the girls and have some wings. ;) It'll be good.
Jackal has authored his "final" blog post. You may want to surf on over and wish him well. Perhaps get him to reconsider. There are apparently too many other things competing for his time, I guess. Too bad, in my opinion. Oh well, ya gotta do whatcha gotta do.
I wonder how Brian and A.Lo did at Barry-Roubaix? Hmmmm....
That's it for now. Fat Albert just sent me an email and said that I'm an unbathed heathen and that he isn't going to talk to me anymore. Seems like bullshit to me :(
Ride safe, my blogosphere friends.
Peace out, yo!

5 Comments:

Blogger Adam Lorenz said...

No go on the barry-roubaix for me... fortunately it wasn't that I didn't feel that I couldn't ride it but that I couldn't justify, for a number of reasons, the nearly $50 to ride it...

My frustration about it I've tried my best to keep in but has came out on a few occasions. Fortunately, that frustration has given way to something positive and productive... a new FREE gravel race.

In the spirit of TI, CIRREM, the Dirty Kanza, and may others... I'm in the early planning stages with a people... be on the look out!

9:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That makes two of us. I wasn't up to the challenge yet. Not enough riding to justify the $50 and DFL most likely. So, I did my own 20+ mile gravel ride and it didn't cost me a dime!
My buddy ex-EXTERRA Matt finished 8th just ahead of Danielle's husband racing singlespeed. From the conditions on my ride, the SS MTB would have been a better choice than the CX bike. Gravel is very dusty and loose right now. The skinny tires made the going rough.
Maybe next year! I am interested in A Lo's race so keep me informed.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Lily on the Road said...

Welcome home, I'm sure that the Hooter girls missed you too!

4:23 PM  
Blogger Davis said...

Yay I am excited you are coming to visit!

Coila

12:25 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

I can't wait to see you. I don't know about letting you go to Hooter's though!

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home