Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Breezy....

When I got home from work yesterday Judy told me to go ride my bike. She said "go ride today because if you don't you'll be bitching tomorrow". I assured her that I don't "bitch". She assured me right back that I most definitely do. Especially when I pass up a ride and the weather is crap the next day. (It's supposed to rain today. That's what she was getting at. I think it will be fine by this afternoon)

The wind was out of the ESE at 32, gusting to 43, but it was 51 degrees so I decided to ride through the parks, since that would be somewhat sheltered. Not that it mattered much....LOL.

I didn't figure I'd see any others riding but I was pleasantly surprised to see quite a few other brave souls out and about. Ran into John and Kat at Black Hawk Park near Cottage Row. They were chatting with Chris Congdon when I rolled up, so I joined the conversation for a few minutes then rode back into Cedar Falls with Chris. Good talking to you guys! Ended up with 20 thigh burning miles. Not bad.

I do believe that spring is almost here! Can I get a big "woohoo" on that? It's about time!

That's it for now. Have a great day!

Ride safe.

Peace out, yo!

10 Comments:

Blogger Lily on the Road said...

Oh please tell me spring is around the corner, I am READY!

7:41 AM  
Blogger B I D W E L L said...

WOooHOOOOOOOO!

10:33 AM  
Blogger Captain Bob said...

Chris who? I thought he moved away.

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....we want the snow back so Blue can't ride his bicycle!!! :)

8:01 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

30 plus winds are no fun Blue. I would be bitching about that for sure.

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And he sure does bitch too!!!

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Brian B said...

Spring has been here for several weeks. The trees have all blossomed and now are full of leaves. The roses are blooming. The hummingbirds are feeding. I have cleaned the pool in preperation for opening. All sure signs of Spring......

11:40 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

lily....
it's almost here, it's almost here!!!!

jeremy....
woohoo! yeah, baby!

cap'n....
yup, he's here, alive and well.

anon....
****sticking tongue out at you and wiggling ears****

chris....
the wind is a bitch but i don't bitch. much.

anon....
not!

brian b....
the down side of all that is that you're in alabama. :)

6:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Better you than me. It is still cold and windy here. Supposed to rain tomorrow! DAMN.
No riding in this week yet.
Spring may be coming but its taking its sweet time!

4:12 PM  
Blogger KAT said...

WOOOOHOOOO! Good to see you Blue - looking forward to seeing you on the group rides this year!

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home