Sunday, March 15, 2009

Florida....

Sunrise....
Jackal can read....
Looking out the window....
Static electricity screws with Jeff's hair....
Supper of champions....
?????....





New coffee maker....


The Queen of Cross and G'ma....
Drinking Papa's tea....
Pink argyle Piglet socks. They didn't have them in my size. :(
Jackal on the way to Hudson this afternoon....
The obligatory thermometer pic for Chris....

It was a nice day today. I hope this weather lasts for awhile. I actually broke a sweat riding into the wind with Jackal this afternoon. You have no idea how much I wanted to just tuck in behind him and let him do all the work. I didn't do it.
We rode the bike path to Hudson then refilled water bottles at the cemetary and headed back. Rode the old gravel railbed in Hudson. That was a first for Jackal. We also rode the top of the dike along Black Hawk Creek when we got back to Waterloo. Jackal calls it resistance training. My thighs were on fire. About a mile of grass on soft earth. Fun. Yeah, right.
It's supposed to be in the upper 60s for the next couple days and not getting below freezing at night for a few days. Hopefully that will get the last of the snow and ice off the paved trails around East Lake, the South Riverside Trail, and the Wyth trails. I did notice that there is quite a bit of water in the Greenbelt so that will keep the MTBs off some of the trails out there. I hope it dries out this summer. That place is a gem when it isn't underwater.
I was surprised that there wasn't more sand on the roads today. There was some, but not a lot. Thankful for that, after the miserable winter we had.
My sit bones are feeling it today after riding yesterday. I rode the trainer quite a bit this winter but my bottom still hurts today. Whooda thunk?
That's about it for now.
Oh yeah! I bought a new Bunn coffee maker today. I'll try it out in the morning. French Roast Extra Bold. Should be good.
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Two days in a row! WooHoo!! Spring is here.
I did not get out yesterday but have the road bike with me for a ride tonight. Supposed to be pushing 60 here too.
Queen of Cross is looking cute as ever!

7:19 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

Your company plane? Holy crap, that's awesome! Be back in late April, I'll bring some delicious beer to a race for you.

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home