Monday, June 01, 2009

Bust....

About 5' above normal....
Jackal pulls The Queen of Cross....
Hi there....
Dirty birds. Dirty, dirty birds....
High water....


The weekend was pretty much a bust for riding for me. Too bad, since the weather here was AWESOME! I came in to the plant and worked Saturday to clean up "end of the month" things, then couldn't get motivated to ride in the afternoon. Went out with Jackal, Moo, and The Queen of Cross Sunday afternoon for an hour and a quarter. That was actually pretty good. Jackal pulled The Queen in the Burley with his X6, I rode the 1 x 1, and Moo rode her mountain bike. The river is up, so some of the key points on the trail system are under water, making it difficult to get around. Ah well, you just have to adapt! It was good.

We got passed by a cyclist out at Big Woods so I took off after her and hit 25 mph on the SS on flat ground. Whoa! 34 x 17 gearing. I didn't think my legs would spin that fast! It was good!!!! I rode some grass alongside the Burley to yak back and forth with The Queen. She was chattering and singing the whole way. I think she'll be a cyclist when she gets bigger. Good stuff! I think I'm going to start putting in more miles on the 1 x 1.

Rain in the forecast for this week. Perhaps the weatherman is going to be wrong again, as usual.

Ride safe.

Peace out, yo!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It was a beautiful weekend. I too did not get any riding in on Saturday, but that was due to the "honey do" list!
Waters just coming up there? Hopefully, well under control this year. We had our scares early and things seem to be settling down now.
1x1 is calling my name too; need to get out there and put some miles in.

9:58 PM  
Blogger weak and feeble said...

Looks like a great ride!
DEA

9:19 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

oldman....
it was a beautiful weekend here. wow! the water was up but is definitely receding now. the skeeters are horrid!

dea....
man! it was good!

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home