Thursday, May 21, 2009

Crushed....

Redg to the rear, Courtney off the front....
Courtney says Hi!

The Thin Man was selling a bike at 6 this evening, Chris was going to practice with the band, and Fatty was trying to taunt me into leaving with the fast guys. He kept telling me that they were going to "take it easy" tonight. He was trying hard to keep a straight face when he said it. Fatty, Tony, Doug, Jackal, Steve B., and Deerslayer together and they were going to "take it easy". Right. I was born yesterday. These things were said to me after Fatty stole my water bottle and hid it in Tony's jersey pocket then tried to feign innocense. Poor Tony.
Anyway....
The group rolled and Fatty waited a minute for me to get my ass in gear. We were about to leave when Courtney rolled in. Asked her if she was coming with us tonight. "No, I'm going with the 6:15 guys". "Ummmmm, there won't be any 6:15 guys tonight so you may as well come with us". She did. She's strong. Redg was pulling in as we were pulling out and said he'd catch up with us. Cool. He caught up with us at Hudson Road and then we were 4.
The wind wasn't as bad as it was on Tuesday. Only about 20-25 out of the north tonight. We went north to the end of Union Road and then waited before heading over to Janesville. The fast guys had gone to Finchford and were cresting 3 Tier shortly after we got to the "T". Jackal was aero and rolling at about 35 mph down the back side of 3 Tier with Doug and Houlihan on his tail. Fatty left us and caught on to the group and then they were gone. Redg, Courtney, and I took turns pulling the last 3 miles into Janesville then we headed south on old 218 with a tailwind. We took turns pulling all the way to Cedar Falls. It was definitely good! Those two kicked my old tired ass tonight! :)
Thanks to Fatty for riding with us and to Courtney and Redg for pulling me along tonight. It's all good :)
That's it for now.
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone is getting too modest in this blog. You did more of your fair share pulling us.
It was fun to see those guys dissapear in no time.
Once again... It was fun Blue!
Redg!

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I had stayed with your group. Maybe then we would have stopped for a few beers in Janesville! After Kanza...we'll have to do that! But no Bud heavy!! Blue, you were pulling quite well out towards Finchford...into the wind I should add! :) It was fun riding with you three!

10:30 PM  
Blogger john said...

Courtney - who's Courtney. Kat needs to me a Courtney.
John

1:00 AM  
Blogger Guitar Ted said...

Fatty, you can't find "beer" in Janesville. Only beer flavored water there dude!

Sounds as if you were the motor in your group, Blue! Awesome stuff.

Oh, and thank you for your service to this country. Have a great Memorial Day Weekend!

6:31 AM  
Blogger Lily on the Road said...

Wow, you guys & gals fly!!

Have a GREAT Memorial Day Weekend Blue...I know you'll remember why it's a holiday...

Thanks!!

9:27 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

redg....
it was a good ride, as always. it was great watching courtney kick fatty's ass going up to c57, eh? :)

fatty....
it was fun having you with us. on the beer thing.... ok. i'm good with that.

john....
courtney is an amiricorps volunteer who is here for 3 months. she and kat would make a good team!

g-ted....
i 2nd the "no real beer in janesville" sentiment. well, perhaps at the janesville tap. i'm not the motor, usually the mouth. fatty took that over on this ride though. nothing but harassment from him.

lily....
we have a great bunch of cyclists in these parts. it's a lot of fun and sometimes challenging.

you have a great weekend also, young lady!

9:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I always ride with fast guys; me, myself and I!! :^)
That's a joke. But you knew that already.
Haven't been able to get out on the road today due to flower and weeding duty. Dipping into the Honey-do jar today!
Glad to see someone got out there and did some cranking, if I can't.
Happy Memorial day to all especially those in harms way and those who are no longer there.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home