Thursday, May 14, 2009

Small group....


Chris, Craig, Doug, and I rolled from the shop at 6 this evening for a "short, easy" ride. Sweet Amy showed up just before we left but didn't want anything to do with the boys. Can't say as I blame you! :)
We went out of town on 4th then north on Union to C57 then east over to Center Street. We talked about continuing east from there to Wagner but decided to go north again to Janesville, then east to Wagner. There were a couple of fellas out and about with their pick 'em up trucks that wanted to let us know that their horns worked but, for the most part, folks were pretty friendly. I guess it only takes one moron to spoil it. Didn't happen tonight though. Low 60s, sunshine, good friends, and not much wind. How could anything spoil that? :) Plus, we talked trash about the guys that weren't there. Mainly Fatty, Tony, and Jackal. That was fun too!
I did my best to stay on with the group without slowing everyone down. Doug and Craig took off a couple times but when they were done trying to crush each other, they waited. (I guess there is something primal that they can't ignore that forces them go for the sprints at certain points in the ride:) Fortunately I didn't make them wait too long. It was a great ride! I can't remember the last time I carried on a conversation with another cyclist at 20+ mph. I'm still fat but my fitness is definitely improving! Yay! Doug and Craig left us at Westfield and Chris and I parted ways at Ansborough and the highway.
We ended up with a bit over 35 miles in a touch under 2 hours, including my 4 mile easy ride to the shop. They made me work! It was fun. Thanks, guys!
Jackal will be home from hell, er, I mean Florida, tomorrow night. I know he will miss that place....
Ride safe.
Peace out, yo!

6 Comments:

Blogger Guitar Ted said...

I aaccused The Jackal of becoming a Floridian. He said no way. ha! We'll see about that! ;-)

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

6:05 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

g-ted....
thanks!

i think that jackal got home about 1 a.m. this morning. flight delays in mpls. big surprise there, eh?

get some riding in this weekend, buddy! :)

6:44 AM  
Blogger Cheerleader said...

Glad you guys had a great ride. I ended up with a little more in my messanger bag from Hy-Vee than I'd originally planned. Great ride down and long ride home with 16# on my back :-) Great weather.

11:21 AM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

Amy....
that's a pretty big messenger bag that you were toting! i'm glad it was a good ride for you. good seeing you!

2:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You sure are getting a lot of riding in; good for you!
Gonna be damn fast come cyclocross season!!

4:41 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

oldman....
not sure about fast, i just don't wanna be fat! lol. i've been trying to ride with the faster guys when i can. they understand that they don't have to wait for me (though sometimes they do wait), i know how to get home.

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home