Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Afternoon ride....


Jackal....
Saw this billboard when leaving town....
I don't read Spanish.

Seemed colder than the thermometer said it was....
A wet, chilly day....
Saw this billboard coming back into town....

The translation.

Rode Blue down to Hudson and back this afternoon. The therometer on the north edge of town said 35 degrees. It was 40 or 41 downtown, depending on when you looked at the thermometer at the bank. It kept bouncing back and forth. The 'puter says it's 38. Ah well, technology....

It didn't seem all that cold as I left the house but within a mile or so I knew it would be a chilly ride. Winds were out of the wsw at 15.... It's one of those damp afternoons with a wind that just cuts right through you. I dressed warmer than I thought I would need to and I'm glad I did. Wore the Gators but my toes still got cold. I wore the Cannondale gloves a couple of days ago when the temps were lower than today's and was fine. I got cold fingers today. Must be getting old!

That's it for now.

Ride safe!

Peace out, yo!

5 Comments:

Blogger All3Sports said...

Hey, stop by sometime for some hot coco yo!

5:46 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

thanks! i'll do that, yo!

peace out, yo!

7:09 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

The road in your picture looks nice and flat. Good road to hammer on. Late.

9:10 PM  
Blogger bluecolnago said...

yeah, it's an old railroad bed that has been paved over.... we have a lot of that around here. "rails to trails"......

once you get out onto the county roads the flatness disappears...

peace out, yo!

9:21 PM  
Blogger strangelife said...

Windy, damp, colder-than-you-thought, rides are the norm in the midwest this time of year. Your not getting old, you're just losing your memory.

word.

12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home